Pulling to left? Or is it me ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paulfoel

Hmmm. Could just be me being mad here.....

I'm getting the slight impression that my C250TD is pulling slightly to the left. Not a great problem but it does (to me anyway) feel like it goes to the left easier than the right (if you know what I mean).

Checked the tyre pressures to make sure they are the same...

Any ideas ?

This could be affected by the slight camber on the road. Mine pulls slightly to the left unless the road is absolutely level.
Hope this helps!

David.

Yeh. Know that the camber on most roads slopes into the kerb...

Hmm. maybe its just me then...

As David has mentioned the W202 steering geometry can be siginificantly influenced by road camber, seeing as we drive on the left in the UK the camber will want to pull the car to the left most of the time.

Again as David has said try driving the car on a totally level flat road or surface, or try and notice the car behaviour/handling if you're ever on the right side of the road, e.g. in a turn right filter lane etc. You might find the car will drive straight ahead on the flat and pull slightly to the right if the camber pulls the other way.

If you still feel the car is pulling to the left in all circumstances then check tyre wear is even in addition to pressures and also get the tracking aligned.

S.

Spooky that you should mention tyre wear...

When I bought the car (from a merc dealer) the passenger side tyre was much more worn than the drivers side so I made them change it.

Maybe its worth getting the tracking checked ???

your really looking for uneven tyre wear, i.e if the tyre wears on side of the tyre and not in the middle....

Originally posted by paulfoel
When I bought the car (from a merc dealer) the passenger side tyre was much more worn than the drivers side so I made them change it.
That's probably due to drifting over the line on the motorway and cruising with one wheel on the hard shoulder, or kerb-crawling ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom