Puncture Repair - Quinton, Birmingham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pos.k

Car
C220 CDI Estate, Alpine White; Jaguar F-Type Coupe Salsa Red AMG SLC 43 Brilliant Blue
Hi, just noticed a nail in my rear tyre, can anyone recommend a decent tyre repair place in Quinton, Birmingham or perhaps Halesowen?
It's still got some life in it, and will probably get a full set in a round 5000 miles or so!!
Need to get it done tomorrow, as will probably start to leak in the wet!

It depends where in the tyre the nail is as to whether it can be repaired or not. If it's near one of the shoulders (outer edges) you'll probably find that it can't be repaired.
Chemix have a depot in Halesowen, but you should get the same service from any tyre place. Google it.
I recently had a nail in one of my tyres (only done about 500 miles) it was in the centre of the tread though, so they managed to repair it....£12
P.S. They didn't charge me for a new valve and balance, which I believe they should have, as I took it to the place I had the tyres from. (Chemix Wordsley).

Last edited:
If you feel it can be repaired but don't want to drive it, let me know and I'll collect you/it and take you to the tyre shop, late morning.

You're reasonably close to me.

Thanks,
the nail is fairly central so should be repairable - and it's 'in' the tread not 'on' it.

Will need a full set fairly soon, but we just put £700 of new boots on her car on Saturday, so could do without it, but need to get it done near where I work if I can!

If you feel it can be repaired but don't want to drive it, let me know and I'll collect you/it and take you to the tyre shop, late morning.

Thanks for the offer - very much appreciated. I am happy to drive it, but am conscious it needs to be done sooner rather than later.

The sort of thing that makes a good forum ...great!

Sorted :thumb:

thanks for the recommendation - went to Chemix - nail removed, plugged, good service, £20, no damage to alloy, result!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom