Puncture repair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GLK

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Found an almost flat NSR tyre this morning, pumped it up, went for a 10-mile drive and then to my local MB, only to discover this:

33228695381_0fdcdeeeef_o.jpg

Luckily, it was repairable - I fully expected them to come up with a bill for a new tyre - so I was on my way shortly thereafter.

Now, the question is: how long will this last (if at all possible to say)?

I only had a new set of Goodyear EGP put on last March, and it's been less than 5k miles, the rear tyres are still about 6mm (although the front ones are getting closer to 4mm now, which is shocking!) ...

I got same set of 4 last year drove over 4k last month got puncture as your tyre repaired it from kwickfit drove over 1200 miles no problem at all

If properly repaired using vulcanising fluid with good preparation and the right size repair patch, it should last the life of the tyre.

Excellent, thanks chaps.

As others said, I also have had a puncture repaired at KwikFit and it lasted as long as the tyre :)

Great, thanks.

I was ready to book a new tyre fitting at InTown Automotive via blackcircles, glad I didn't - £87 saved :thumb:

Actually, I tried once before to use the Mercedes Club free puncture repair service, but was told it's not repairable (the car was in bodyshop prior to that). Like I said, fully expected them to say the same thing again, so rather pleased with the outcome.

The chap at MB Northampton, who worked on the car, said it was only a minor one, not deep enough to cause serious damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom