Puncture

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Darrell

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Back in Mill Hill but sometimes in Skiathos
Car
Gixxer 6, Citroen Berlingo, 911 C4S, Dacia Duster and lots of bicycles.
Just noticed that I have a puncture so I had to whack on the spare.

It's never been used before and it's the first time that I have lifted the boot liner up. So nice and clean in there.

The tool-kit is also un-used. In the tool-kit is a little alloy bar with a knurled effect on one end and the correct thread for the wheel bolts on the other, is this some type of aid to put on the spare? if so, nice touch.

Another thing I noticed is the fact that you can clip up the boot floor onto the boot lid rubber. They think of everything don't they.

That little bar is to help line up the wheel when fitting. Screw it into the highest of the 5 holes and let the wheel hang from it while you screw in a couple of the other bolts.

Very nice touch.

Another thing I noticed is the fact that you can clip up the boot floor onto the boot lid rubber. They think of everything don't they.

You can do that about 20 times before it snaps.

Another hidden thing, pull outwards the grey pin on the bottom of the bootlid to turn the light off (should you be keeping the boot open for long periods of time) :)

Last edited:
In the tool-kit is a little alloy bar with a knurled effect on one end and the correct thread for the wheel bolts on the other, is this some type of aid to put on the spare? if so, nice touch.

Very handy - Not supplied with the W204 we recently sold. We had to buy one from the dealer.

You can also use the bar in conjuction with the 13mm spanner to slacken off the tension on the serpentine belt when replacing it. So handy every 100k or so!

Very handy - Not supplied with the W204 we recently sold. We had to buy one from the dealer.

Really?! There's one in the Vito toolkit :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom