Punctured Alloy!!!!!! 2007 280CDI E-Class

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cumblechook, Jan 10, 2009.

1. cumblechook

cumblechook New Member

Hi All,

My W211 (I just found out what it is called at the factory) saloon suffered an inch square punctured alloy this morning. There was a bang and a loud revolving clunking. I took the tyre off and imagine my surprise. A large piece of metal sticking out of the tyre and a 'hole' in the rear driver side wheel (alloy). [​IMG]

I have 9J *18" 265 / 35 10 Spoke design that came on my 2007 E280 CDI (Sport) Saloon.

Do I have to go to MB to get a new one? I am gonna call MB on monday. The Mercedes Assistance guy said "No fix. £500" Yikes! [​IMG]

Is this True?[​IMG] Is there a fix for this kind of hole???

I should be greatful for ideas on a fix or prices for OEM Merc alloys.

Cheers

PS. My Continentals Just Did 31000 miles.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  2. hawk20

hawk20 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    ML250 BlueTEC Sport Jan 2013
    Surely you are still under manufacturers 3 year warranty? Or was it not a case of any design failure? What did you hit?

3. PXW

PXW Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    S212 350 bluetec AMG night edition prem+
    If the damage was caused by something you hit (large piece of metal...) then you should be covered on fully comp insurance - but tbh it's probably not worth the claims history/NCB hit for that kind of money.