Punctured Alloy!!!!!! 2007 280CDI E-Class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cumblechook

Hi All,

My W211 (I just found out what it is called at the factory) saloon suffered an inch square punctured alloy this morning. There was a bang and a loud revolving clunking. I took the tyre off and imagine my surprise. A large piece of metal sticking out of the tyre and a 'hole' in the rear driver side wheel (alloy).
confused.gif

I have 9J *18" 265 / 35 10 Spoke design that came on my 2007 E280 CDI (Sport) Saloon.

Do I have to go to MB to get a new one? I am gonna call MB on monday. The Mercedes Assistance guy said "No fix. £500" Yikes!
crazy.gif

Is this True?
frown.gif
Is there a fix for this kind of hole???

I should be greatful for ideas on a fix or prices for OEM Merc alloys.

Cheers

PS. My Continentals Just Did 31000 miles.

Last edited:
Hi All,

My W211 (I just found out what it is called at the factory) saloon suffered an inch square punctured alloy this morning. There was a bang and a loud revolving clunking. I took the tyre off and imagine my surprise. A large piece of metal sticking out of the tyre and a 'hole' in the rear driver side wheel (alloy).
confused.gif

I have 9J *18" 265 / 35 10 Spoke design that came on my 2007 E280 CDI (Sport) Saloon.

Do I have to go to MB to get a new one? I am gonna call MB on monday. The Mercedes Assistance guy said "No fix. £500" Yikes!
crazy.gif

Is this True?
frown.gif
Is there a fix for this kind of hole???

I should be greatful for ideas on a fix or prices for OEM Merc alloys.

Cheers

PS. My Continentals Just Did 31000 miles.
Surely you are still under manufacturers 3 year warranty? Or was it not a case of any design failure? What did you hit?

If the damage was caused by something you hit (large piece of metal...) then you should be covered on fully comp insurance - but tbh it's probably not worth the claims history/NCB hit for that kind of money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom