Punctured tyre

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tikw2124

Car
2002, W203 C Class 270 CDI Avantgarde Tiptronic, COMMAND, Phone
Hi all, this may sound a bit weird but, today i collected my car from MB dealer post corrosion repair (away for just 8 days). The manager brought car around and said he had to put a bit of air in one of front tyres and best to keep an eye on it. I said, thats unusual, although i check them regularly, i have never had to put air in any of them since they were fitted many months ago but, thanks for that. I get to work and have a look around and find a bloody great screw in centre of tyre. Now, what course of action should i take:

1. Just get it repaired/replaced and accept these things happen
2. Ask for contibution from MB, as car was fine when i passed responsibilty for car to them
3. Get it repaired and forward bill to MB body shop

May be niff naff and trivia, but all the 'Cerdit Crunch is taking hold!!!

Take it back to your Merc garage and have them repair it if they can. Don't pull the screw out, let them do it. My garage offered to fix it for free when I found a screw in one of mine. Turned out it was one of their screws and didn't need repairing, but they did offer.

Call them and explain. they may not have checked for nails, the screw may have been on the bottom of the tyre:rolleyes: , or maybe it was 'oversight'.

Play it straight, see what they say and if you get no joy brick their plate glass window one night whilst wearing a baseball cap, your jeans around your waist and mumbling incoherently:D

2. Ask for contibution from MB, as car was fine when i passed responsibilty for car to them

You don't actually know that though. You could have driven over the screw at any time since you last checked the pressures - right up to the point when you parked it at the dealership.

But ... worth a try. They may simply put it down to 'good will'.

problem is, you've driven to work. You could of just got the screw on the journey - or it could have been there when you took the car in.

I'd give the garage a call anyway. i am sure a repair for them would cost nothing. however you've already spoken to him about it, so maybe the time to kick up a fuss and ask for a check was then..... maybe a little late now...

but i think its only a tenner or so for a repair at KwikFit etc so may just be easier to pay for it there - i think thats what i would do.

Last edited:
The dealer had to put air in it, you could have picked it up on the way to the dealer. If you have recieved good service from the dealer I would just leave it go.. keep them sweet.

Get yourself a new tyre.. go online and buy some ultraseal and stick it in all 4 of your tyres. :)

dont get a new tyre yet - if its in the centre and not near the side wall, it will be repairable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom