Puppy??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fatherpierre

Car
1980 W123 230, 1994 W124 E280 & 2010 Mini Cooper S
I'm after a puppy - anyone know of any available??

The 'spec' I'm after:

Bitch
Short haired
Terrier
Small
Free

Ideally a Jack Russell type :rock: . I don't care if it's a mix of 50 other types of dog but must be small when fully grown.

I'm not being tight when saying I want a free dog - I'm not a fan of poeple who breed animals for money and won't fuel the trade. Well. ok, maybe I'm a bit tight LOL.

If anyone can help I'd be most happy. I'm in N London but a 50/60 mile trips fine for the little bundle.

Ta

http://www.dogpages.co.uk

good place to start.

Any particular reason why a bitch? This little fella looks adorable. Unless to you plan to breed gender shouldn't generally be a problem.

Last edited:
just edited my post to pick one out while you were replying - have a quick squint back ;)

Had a look, thanks. I just find that bitches have a better nature. He's a nice looking little dog. There's loads on there that I'd take. I'm so soft I'd take all of them!!

result! :bannana:

Ahhhh. Ickle puppy.

So were mine at that age. Tiny little things, balls of fluff and sooooo cute. Still lovable but they grow. Arrggh!

When my wife said she wanted a Giant Schnauzer I had a mental picture of what I now know to be the Standard Schnauzer. By the time I had paid enough attention too late!

Well cannot have just one because they love company, so when later on the chance to get another came up the deal was done before I was consulted.

Grey one is now 18 months old & tips the scale at 44kg. Black one is 10 months old and 36kg. Neither of them can stand up properly in the back of my E class estate and when dog loaded that is about it.

And this them playing. You really, really do not want to see them when they start fighting. :eek:

But they are great.

Last edited:
pugs are the only dogs for us ... but alas not always free . small, good natured adorable

Went to see a Beagle pup this afternoon,£800.....
fatherpierre?

fatherpierre said:
£800!!!!!!:eek:
There are too many rescue dogs out there for me to pay for a woofer;)

fatherpierre could buy another car for that money! :D
Les

I have a rescue Springer Spaniel, cost me £100 but money cannot compare with the enjoyment I get out of him. Before that I had a sort of rescued St Bernard, once again a great friend. Before that I had two Old English Sheepdogs, one bought for an astronomical price as I lived in Belgium at the time the other £25 as we were his last hope. Turned out that the dog was missunderstood by previous owners and all that was required was lots of love, trust, excersize and care. Best dog I ever owned, lived till he was 14 so it goes to show that TLC counts. Just thought I would post this, now to wipe away my tears.

DITTRICH said:
fatherpierre could buy another car for that money! :D
Les

I could! I have just sold a couple of my older classics for a nice profit :bannana: but bought a 1979 450SLC - the other half doesn't know yet :cool:

The little JR will have a nice life with me as I'm soft and love dogs!

I should be picking up in just over a week.

I'm preparing myself for chewed carpets, raided bins and little pools and piles left as as presents!! :crazy:

By the look of this news item a lot of dogs will be needing a home soon:

"Three hundred and fifty-two animals have been discovered at residential premises in the Cromer area of Norfolk in a joint operation, involving the RSPCA and the local authority, on a warrant under the Breeding of Dogs Act.

As a result, two people have been cautioned and all 352 animals have been signed over to the RSPCA. These animals include 131 dogs, 48 cats, 80 rabbits and 86 guinea pigs.

Due to the condition in which they were found, some of animals are likely to be euthanased on veterinary advice. Those that are healthy will be moved to undisclosed locations whilst investigations continue. It is too early to say whether or not any of the animals will be available to be rehomed at this stage
."

I can think of two humans who might be be euthanased on my advice

Satch said:
By the look of this news item a lot of dogs will be needing a home soon:

"Three hundred and fifty-two animals have been discovered at residential premises in the Cromer area of Norfolk in a joint operation, involving the RSPCA and the local authority, on a warrant under the Breeding of Dogs Act.

As a result, two people have been cautioned and all 352 animals have been signed over to the RSPCA. These animals include 131 dogs, 48 cats, 80 rabbits and 86 guinea pigs.

Due to the condition in which they were found, some of animals are likely to be euthanased on veterinary advice. Those that are healthy will be moved to undisclosed locations whilst investigations continue. It is too early to say whether or not any of the animals will be available to be rehomed at this stage
."

I can think of two humans who might be be euthanased on my advice

That's the very reason why I won't buy an animal to fuel those types of activity.

here's a picture of our two - both rescued.

Minnie (the black one) is a greyhound/collie (we think) lurcher of indeterminate age who was picked up as a mistreated and abandoned stray. She's been with us since February and has changed from a shivering nervous wreck of a dog that peed herself everytime anybody came too near her and hid behind our old greyhound everywhere we went into a cheeky, bouncy little perfectly house trained dog who absolutely loves life. The big brindle one (Finn) is an ex racing greyhound who moved in a week ago. Our old greyhound Sacha who a few of you have met died a few weeks back aged nearly 13.

It may seem strange to get another dog so quickly but the house was empty without him, Minnie didn't enjoy being on her own and there are so many greyhounds looking for homes we didn't want to wait.

If anybody has room for a retired greyhound, I can only recommend them, there are few dogs that make a better family pet.

Andy

Attachments

• minnandfinn1.jpg
    minnandfinn1.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 76

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom