Purchase advice please E/C class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MD5

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
wme451 a124 r129 s211 r230
I have a cousin looking to buy his last car (cheer up!). Budget £14 max, E or C class saloon, automatic, frugal diesel engine (2.1 recommended?), as new as poss with up to 30k miles.

I'll have a look myself when I'm not too busy, but I know you guys are great at this stuff, so whilst I'm not looking specifically at individual cars, it would be great to steer him in the best direction, choice wise.

Fire away, and if you do see anything to make his day, I'll pass it on. Thanks in advance

What colour do you want? Spec? What options does he want? What year?

Let me know and i will search through the sites for you and find you the best available! I recently did a similar search but for a C class coupe. Ended up with a 2014 model, 19,000 models with AMG premium plus, pan roof etc. I love it!

Let me know..

Dan

If he has a family with kids, c-class shouldn't even be part of the consideration. I'm 5'11, with the front seat in position, there's not much room in the back.

220CDi seems the most frugal on paper but if driven mostly in town it's just as bad as the rest of the range. Get petrol if he doesn't do many miles.

Thanks guys. He's searching himself, and I haven't had a chance for a talk with him yet. He's 6'2" ish with grandkids, so I think an E class would be better for him, but not sure about his engine choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom