Purchase diagnostics equipment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mcardp01

Car
Mercedes E320cdi
Hello is it possible to purchase my own computer diagnostics equipment and is it expensive.

Mate

You can buy a cheap and expensive.
If you have a iphone you can buy a £25 OBD2 wifi and app for £3 from apple store.
Works great!!

Mate

You can buy a cheap and expensive.
If you have a iphone you can buy a £25 OBD2 wifi and app for £3 from apple store.
Works great!!
Sorry to be thick but I have got an iPhone but I thought a cable is required to plug into the car and then software on a laptop......

What year is the car?

If it has an OBD2 socket next to the bonnet pull then you can buy a scanner for about £10.

I bought a 38 pin scanner and software, new, for 15 quid....

search 'carsoft' on the bay of fleas... ;)

It's a 2002 mercedes w210. I must look tomorrow any check if there is socket beside bonnet pull

I'm sure on the 2002 diesel it is still under the bonnet and is a 38 pin socket not a 16 pin OBDII socket which is on newer vehicles (after 2004 on diesels I think)

As for diagnostic equipment, above suggestions are good, but it depends on how much info you need to get from the vehicle. A STAR machine is what MB dealers use but is very expensive and not sure if it is available to individuals. Alot of the generic code readers are quite good and can read most codes but only some will do things like reset airbag lights etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom