Purchase of 190 E 2.5 16V 1989

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it any of your business who he sold the car to? If I was the new buyer, I'd be less than pleased at my contact details being given out to some random stranger without my permission because they decided they felt entitled to know.

You weren't happy with the way the deal was working out and so it fell through, just like thousands of other deals out there. Continuing to pick at it with demands like the above just undermines your position.

Jeg beder om oplysninger om køber, fordi jeg ikke tror, at der er en køber. Hvorfor skulle han sælge til en anden, når jeg allerede har meddelt, at jeg vil købe bilen, længe før han hævder at have solgt bilen. Det er let at afslutte en diskussion med en bayer, når du kan se, at handlen løber ud i sandet med ordene "bilen sælges til en anden køber"
[QUOTE = "Doodle, post: 2555477, medlem: 4946"] Hvorfor er det nogen af dine forretninger, hvor han solgte bilen til? Hvis jeg var den nye køber, ville jeg være mindre end glad for, at mine kontaktoplysninger blev givet ud til nogle tilfældige fremmede uden min tilladelse, fordi de besluttede at de havde ret til at vide.

Du var ikke tilfreds med den måde, aftalen handlede på, og så faldt det igennem, ligesom tusindvis af andre tilbud derude. Fortsætter med at vælge det med krav som ovenstående undergraver din position. [/ QUOTE]
Because there's a 30 minute time limit on editing posts the OP can't delete your details himself but if you contact the moderators they can do it at your request.

That's easy for you to say!

Reactions: Abb
That's easy for you to say!

Me too (well google to be precise :D) .....

I ask for buyer information because I do not think there is a buyer. Why should he sell to another when I have already announced that I will buy the car long before he claims to have sold the car. It's easy to end a discussion with a bayer when you can see that the deal runs into the sand with the words "the car is sold to another buyer"
[QUOTE = "Doodle, post: 2555477, member: 4946"] Why are you any of your business where he sold the car? If I was the new buyer, I would be less than happy that my contact information was given to some random strangers without my permission because they decided they were entitled to know.

You were not happy with the way the deal was going on, and then it fell through like thousands of other offers out there. Continue to select it with requirements as the above undermines your position. [/ QUOTE]

And you believe that's enough reason to breach the buyers anonymity without permission? Even if he did disclose, what does that get you?

You really are naive, aren't you. Announcing you wish to buy does not a contract form.

I don't know either of the gentlemen involved, but from what appeared in the thread, I'd have wanted to see the car personally, or had somebody see it, before going any further. For whatever reason, that was not possible in a timely manner. I'd not have gone ahead with the purchase either.

Kurt now thinks the whole thing was dubious from the start, and again, from what appeared in the thread that was a not unreasonable conclusion. I have to say, though, that if money was not asked for up front, I'd have been less inclined to suspect a scam.

I don't know either of the gentlemen involved, but from what appeared in the thread, I'd have wanted to see the car personally, or had somebody see it, before going any further. For whatever reason, that was not possible in a timely manner. I'd not have gone ahead with the purchase either.

I actually offered to go and look at the car back in THIS POST but it all seemed to start going downhill from there. :(

Kurt now thinks the whole thing was dubious from the start, and again, from what appeared in the thread that was a not unreasonable conclusion. I have to say, though, that if money was not asked for up front, I'd have been less inclined to suspect a scam.

I think in reality there was a bit of naivete in his postings, coupled with a hopeful outlook that the car would be fine but the seller was proving difficult to contact. This has since been explained by the post stating that he works away a lot, and in several different countries.

I'd usually say plenty more out there but, in reality, they're getting a bit thin on the ground lately...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom