Purchased a SLK at last

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Reggie-rock

Car
2015 E Class coupe 220 diesel bluetec, 2009 Mitsubishi Colt 1.3
Yes at last have purchased an approved Mercedes 2015 SLK 250D AMG with 18,500 miles on the clock. I chose the diesel after a lot of debate as although many of my journeys are only 15 miles or so (will use my other petrol car for shorter trips) I do visit my mother in London once a month of around 230 miles or so. Also the road tax is just £30.
Looking forward to be taking delivery of the car at the end of the week.

Last edited:
Had one loved it, mine was palladium silver with Bengal red Nappa, drove down to Spain a few times, only sold it when we sold our other vehicle, and needed more seats, hence the coupe. Post some pics when you have it.

Join the club!! :p:p
The CLK has gone

You will be amazed at how well the 250d engine pulls and its frugality.
I'm also impressed with the smoothness and road manners.

I think you will love it.

owned one 4 year ago best car ive ever had loved it,when i could get it of the wife lol.

The Mrs loves her petrol version.

I did find the ride a bit firm until I changed my W211 now it seems pretty good.

Assuming it's under MB warranty I would take it through a car wash and see if the roof leaks, even if they deny it MB warranty does cover roof seals. They fobbed us off for months until the carpet became soaking after a few weeks non use last winter, even the seats became mouldy eventually and the car stank before I became very assertive with them and they finally admitted that they were covered.

Other than that, check the roof when fully down that the 3 piece shelf slots together properly.

I will post up some pictures but as I am not getting the car until Thursday the car is about 120 miles away and that is just a bit too much for my zoom lens. The car is red and have heard about the paint issues with this colour but it looks very good.
I understand there is a product you can apply to the roof rubber seals to keep them flexible which I will buy when I know what it is.

Last edited:
Check the red paint for micro blistering. Car needs to be clean & viewed under good light. Seems only to affect steel panels not plastic panels such as bumpers. Ours was a 2013 model & it started to show when nearly 3 years old.

Is it standard spec or any added goodies?

Ours went at the end of a 3 year PCP with between 20k & 25k miles on the clock. Had nothing in that time other than regular services & tyres. Great car.

I have already checked the paint thanks and looks perfect, I was a little worried about that. It is a bit of a standard spec but does have sat nav, I'm not too bothered as just less to go wrong. The car it replaced was a 2007 Jaguar XK 4.2 with every extra fitted so will miss the heated windscreen, steering wheel, active headlights, radar cruise and the sound of that V8 but then again won't miss the high maintenance bills, high road tax and thirsty engine.

I have already checked the paint thanks and looks perfect, I was a little worried about that. It is a bit of a standard spec but does have sat nav, I'm not too bothered as just less to go wrong. The car it replaced was a 2007 Jaguar XK 4.2 with every extra fitted so will miss the heated windscreen, steering wheel, active headlights, radar cruise and the sound of that V8 but then again won't miss the high maintenance bills, high road tax and thirsty engine.

The Mrs loves her petrol version.

I did find the ride a bit firm until I changed my W211 now it seems pretty good.

Assuming it's under MB warranty I would take it through a car wash and see if the roof leaks, even if they deny it MB warranty does cover roof seals. They fobbed us off for months until the carpet became soaking after a few weeks non use last winter, even the seats became mouldy eventually and the car stank before I became very assertive with them and they finally admitted that they were covered.

Other than that, check the roof when fully down that the 3 piece shelf slots together properly.

The roof on mine leaked at the joint between the glass and metal sections OF THE ROOF, not the rubber seals around the entire roof - was cured by removing the roof and re-sealing the joints (done using a MB 'fix' and with a 50% good will payment from MBUK)

Update....
When I washed and waxed the car for the first time I found blisters under that red paint after all, on many of the panels which only showed up in the direct sunlight, so on this basis I rejected the car. I thought buying a 3 year old approved used Mercedes the paint would be in very good condition. I am very upset as I loved the car but now the main dealer I got the car from will exchange it for another SLK or a E class coupe, which would be a little more practical.

Update....
When I washed and waxed the car for the first time I found blisters under that red paint after all, on many of the panels which only showed up in the direct sunlight, so on this basis I rejected the car. I thought buying a 3 year old approved used Mercedes the paint would be in very good condition. I am very upset as I loved the car but now the main dealer I got the car from will exchange it for another SLK or a E class coupe, which would be a little more practical.
Such a shame that Fire Opal Red suffers from this problem, it looks so good. I like Palladium Silver on the SLK.

If diesel is such a dirty fuel, why is the road tax so low??
Diesel per ce is not a dirty fuel. Diesel engines operate differently from gasoline engines, producing different levels of exhaust emissions.

Diesel cars (being more fuel efficient) emit less CO2 than equivalent gasoline cars and the government decided that road tax should be based on this.

If they are fitted with a DPF, diesel cars emit similar or even less particulates than direct injection gasoline cars (which are now pretty much the norm). However, unless they are equipped with effective EGR and SCR de-NOx after-treatment systems, they may emit more NOx.

Diesel per ce is not a dirty fuel. Diesel engines operate differently from gasoline engines, producing different levels of exhaust emissions.

Diesel cars (being more fuel efficient) emit less CO2 than equivalent gasoline cars and the government decided that road tax should be based on this.

If they are fitted with a DPF, diesel cars emit similar or even less particulates than direct injection gasoline cars (which are now pretty much the norm). However, unless they are equipped with effective EGR and SCR de-NOx after-treatment systems, they may emit more NOx.

So why the sudden war on diesels??

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆
Possibly because the majority of diesels on our roads are not Euro 6 compliant or newer?

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆
Possibly because the majority of diesels on our roads are not Euro 6 compliant or newer?
So a 2015 SLK has a clean engine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom