Purchased - Ex Demo C250 CDI (Slight disappointment!)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matt@Felsham

Car
C250 CDI 125 Sport Edition
Hi all,

Some of you may remember that I was chopping in my 57 C320 CDI Sport for a 2011 "ex demo" C250 CDI Sport 125 Edidtion this friday.

It is a great car, but I regret not having full leather and going back to the 4 pot. It's certainly quick off the mark but a totally different drive. I think I'll grow to love it, especially when i'm not popping £85 of Diesel every 350 - 400 miles!

Mixed feelings about the command, it's so annoying to see that it wont fully intergrate with the Iphone 4s like (dare I say it) the BMW system does. My media interface cable doesn't work. So its back to the dealer for them to fix it (if they can) tomorrow. Anyone else had a problem with this?

Further disappointment to me was that purchasing an "approved used car'" it should have been mint with no damage anywhere. I failed to notice a very minor mark to the NSF alloy wheel with a slight peeling of the laquer. Now MB will probably turn around and say that I did it. And i'm not sure I can be bothered with argument!

Might make a few suttle changes to the car to cheer myself up. I'm off to make some posts in the relevent sections. :cool:

Matt

Congrats!!

I'm sure the 4 pot will grow on you :)

With any used car, whether approved used, ex-management or whatever will always have some level of wear and tear.

No problems integrating my iPhone with Comand.

Mixed feelings about the command, it's so annoying to see that it wont fully intergrate with the Iphone 4s like (dare I say it) the BMW system does. My media interface cable doesn't work. So its back to the dealer for them to fix it (if they can) tomorrow. Anyone else had a problem with this?
Only thing that doesn't work with my 4s is comand online, but it's no biggie.

What doesn't work?

Only thing that doesn't work with my 4s is comand online, but it's no biggie.

What doesn't work?

You plug the cable from the arm rest into the Iphone and it wont recognise that the device is there, even though it charges ok. Has had all 5 Sales reps from MB puzzled. We tried a reset, dif' Iphones, and cables! No Techs were around as it was Saturday afternoon.

Must admit i've never tried to plug mine in!

It works fine for calls if i just pair it with the car and i use blutooth for streaming music.

If you plug it in you should get full control over your music using the control by the gearshift, along with all your album artwork!

Bluetooth streaming is working. Oh and I forgot to mention that my Stop/Start has a mind of it's own. I.E sometimes it does function and sometimes not.

My nuts aren't rusty though!! :)

Stop start function depends on a number of parameters, battery charge, aircon demand, wheels turned, etc. If ECO light is green it should stop.

Yeah! Rusty nuts isn't an attractive thing is it.. :D

Good luck with the new car. I'm debating the step down from V6 diesel to 4 pot also.... (or a wild choice of 500 V8... :D )

Much difference in the handling/steering with less weight up front?

Hi all,

Some of you may remember that I was chopping in my 57 C320 CDI Sport for a 2011 "ex demo" C250 CDI Sport 125 Edidtion this friday.

It is a great car, but I regret not having full leather and going back to the 4 pot. It's certainly quick off the mark but a totally different drive. I think I'll grow to love it, especially when i'm not popping £85 of Diesel every 350 - 400 miles!

Further disappointment to me was that purchasing an "approved used car'" it should have been mint with no damage anywhere. I failed to notice a very minor mark to the NSF alloy wheel with a slight peeling of the laquer. Now MB will probably turn around and say that I did it. And i'm not sure I can be bothered with argument!

Might make a few suttle changes to the car to cheer myself up. I'm off to make some posts in the relevent sections. :cool:

Matt
Can you not swap it under the 30 day thing?

If its bugging you now, imagine what it'll be like in three month.

Looks like its a wiring loom problem. No one could solve it today using star and various updates.

Hmmm shall I chop it back on the AUC scheme!? I've seen a 2010 30k Mile C350 CDI Sport with tonnes of options 4.5k less than I paid for this one.

What a quandry. :dk:

PS: Should I push for some sort of gesture from them? I get a petrol B class to travel around in for a week whilst mines in the workshop!

Not happy.

Last edited:
Yeah! Rusty nuts isn't an attractive thing is it.. :D

Good luck with the new car. I'm debating the step down from V6 diesel to 4 pot also.... (or a wild choice of 500 V8... :D )

500 V8! You only live once!

Looks like its a wiring loom problem. No one could solve it today using star and various updates.

Hmmm shall I chop it back on the AUC scheme!? I've seen a 2010 30k Mile C350 CDI Sport with tonnes of options 4.5k less than I paid for this one.

What a quandry. :dk:

Can you not find a post-facelift V6 CDi for roughly the same price as yours?

Peter, yes you are correct it is Pre facelift. It's what i call the mark 1.5 W204 with the DRL's as part of the Xenon light package.

SPX, the facelift C350's start at £28,000 used. That's way beyond my means!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom