Pure Lunacy!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Brings back memories of my Busa ownership.

Its hard to resist the temptation to do this when you have one, it really is. I used to get up to all sorts of antics.

If I didnt get into the 'the blurr zone' (the point at which the buffeting on your helmet was so severe that you couldnt read the speedo) on the way to work I was dissapointed. Another favourite was to get onto the M4 at chiswick and see if I could hold my breath until my exit at Slough. Again, dissapointing if I couldnt.

It was only a matter of time before I got collared for it though and I made a decision never to own a bike of that kind again. It's like a drug though, every so often I find myself wanting to go back and have some more.

Spent many an hour on the back of my mates GSXR 600 and TL1000R. At no point did I feel nearly as terrified as watching that video. At 4.08, I thought it would end abruptly, with the remaining time being dedicated to wreaths, obits etc.

Scary.

Last edited:
Bikes aren't my thing, but I'm not sure what the fuss is?

Motorbikes go fast, really fast and reach daft speeds in next to no time. Everyone knows this, so why the shock when it actually happens?

My dad used to take me out on the back of his GS1000 and GSX 1400 when I was a young lad and I thought we were travelling at 5000mph and when I looked at the dial we were only doing *cough* 70.

It's not the speeds ( I used to own a Honda Fireblade) it's where they were doing it and how close to the cars they got.

I'd say 95% of the cars they flew past hadn't got a clue they were there until they had disappeared in to the horizon.

Imagine the unfounded guilt one of those car drivers would have felt for years later if they pulled across one of those idiots!

you'll find that cars change lanes pretty slowly at motorway speeds - it looks dangerously close but in reality in my experience its safer than filtering in town.

There's a time and place, IMHO.

Forgetting about the safety of the bikers for a second, I wouldn't fancy half a ton of bike and rider rear ending me at those speeds. Isnt back seats where children often sit? What are they doing - 180mph odd in places? How would a normal driver account for that sort of incoming speed when checking in mirrors while pottering along at 70.

Yes it's a thrilling video clip - watched it a few times - but there's a difference between a cheeky blast and that sustained lunacy.

Will watch it again though :eek: :)

Last edited:
There must be easier ways of committing suicide!

this is exactly the reason i gave up doing track days on my bike, yes the track is fun, but this kind of ride home was quite common! its all very well seeing the risks and legallity of this watching it, but when your there its a temptation not to refuse! i remember once i was side by side at 190mph for around 10 miles, instant death!!! this is the reason i dont ride anymore, i got away with it, had a few very near crashes, got pulled over by an unmarked focus st when i was side by side at the dual carridgeway traffic lights and pulled a huge wheelie!! only got a slap on the bum! time to give up, ive got four kids, just not worth the risk, and i drive like a nut case on a bike!!!

Morons. The police won't need to catch them, but I feel sorry for the police when they have to scrape them off the road.

Just hope they don't take anybody else out when it happens.

Stuff like this makes the 99% of bikers who are safe look bad, and tempt the very low skilled to try and copy.

Morons. The police won't need to catch them, but I feel sorry for the police when they have to scrape them off the road.

Just hope they don't take anybody else out when it happens.

Stuff like this makes the 99% of bikers who are safe look bad, and tempt the very low skilled to try and copy.

As a former biker, I can safely say that 99% of bikers are not safe. You'll be lucky if it's 50%

As a former biker, I can safely say that 99% of bikers are not safe. You'll be lucky if it's 50%

I was trying to be polite ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom