purple parking at heathrow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ckember

Car
GLC 350d AMG Premium plus
I have been using purple parking meet and greet service for a few years, and have generally been very happy with the service.

however they have recently started charging a 99p booking fee when paying by credit/charge card.

They don't put this charge on the receipt so I cannot claim it back from work.

has anyone else seen this or contacted them over this extra charge.

the swines... 99p :eek:

used purple alot in the past they are pretty good.

Why can't you claim it back? If your employer knows they charge it, then there's no reason for them to refuse.

Ckember,
I have the same issue (not iwht p.parking though). When I dont have a receipt, I can claim the money, but...i have to pay tax on this!!!. the last time I submitted a claim form for some newspapers (no recipt AND I know it's not a huge amount), they added this to my total salary (for the month) and deducted tax.

Surely an extract from your CC statement would prove how much you paid?
For example, even Barclaycard allow you to see your CC statements on the web. Easy to print out to use as evidence. You could also insist that PP send you an invoice that adds up to the total charged on the CC. Sh!t I'm a Finance Director and I certainly would not operate expenses claims that way. Certainly third party "evidence" of the amount paid is required but it doesn't have to be a "receipt".
Les

For example, even Barclaycard allow you to see your CC statements on the web. Easy to print out to use as evidence. You could also insist that PP send you an invoice that adds up to the total charged on the CC. Sh!t I'm a Finance Director and I certainly would not operate expenses claims that way. Certainly third party "evidence" of the amount paid is required but it doesn't have to be a "receipt".
Les

If the service charge attracts VAT (and I think it should) then they should supply a VAT reciept so the VAT can be reclaimed.

Les

i need vat receipts for anything that has VAT attached. We used to be able to claim this as an un-receipted amount, but they are clamping down.

I have emailed Purple and see what they come back with. I will continue to use them as they offer a great service

i need vat receipts for anything that has VAT attached. We used to be able to claim this as an un-receipted amount, but they are clamping down.

I have emailed Purple and see what they come back with. I will continue to use them as they offer a great service

I can understand why they would want a VAT receipt because they could then reclaim the input VAT against their output VAT. However, even with "rules" it is very harsh on the employee if it's difficult to obtain a VAT receipt. Obviously, I appear to be much more kind hearted than I thought! I can understand cracking down on people who can't be @ssed to get receipts, but if innocent employees who try to follow the rules lose out too then it doesn't say much for the company.
Les

purple parking have sent me two emails with the vat number on which the company seems happy with. they will also ask the IT department to look into getting the receipts changed to include the booking fee. Lets see when I next use them.

Just found out that the guy that runs purple parking also owns the company that does all of Dagenham Fords PDI checks for the Edgware outlet, they keep their stock in Southall.

I think there is only one group of employees who don't need receipts to claim expenses nowadays.

David

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom