Push button stop/start

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

673NN

Car
2014 CLS 250 CDi AMG Line Sport and 2016 E Class Convertible AMG Line Premium
Hi all. I've just purchased a CLS 250 CDI AMG SPORT 2014 W218 in Obsidian Black with just 18,500 miles. Its really nice and im loving the newness having drive an MGZT for the past 10 years.
So here comes my first MB novice question. If I purchase a stop/start button from ebay will this be simple a "pulg and pay" or is there more to it than that? How do I know If I have the Keyless Package?

Last edited:
Hi all. I've just purchased a CLS 250 CDI AMG SPORT 2014 W218 in Obsidian Black with just 18,500 miles. Its really nice and im loving the newness having drive an MGZT for the past 10 years.
So here comes my first MB novice question. If I purchase a stop/start button from ebay will this be simple a "pulg and pay" or is there more to it than that? How do I know If I have the Keyless Package?

Enter your VIN here and you will find out : Mercedes-Benz VIN Decoder

Thanks for that.

I cant see anything that says "Keyless Package". It only says "Direct Start" which mean with a key?
B03 DIRECT START / ECO START/STOP FUNCTION

Hi. Yes its actually called 889 KEYLESS-GO for the start stop. Hope this helps.

So what's B03 DIRECT start/eco stop start?
If engaged, when you come to a stop at a junction, tailback or traffic lights, the engine will cut out and fire up again when you take your foot off the brake.

There's a button on the centre console and a light on the dash. If engaged and there is sufficient charge in the auxiliary battery, light will be green otherwise the light will be yellow/amber/orange (I forget which).

It will all be in your user manual :)

There's a button on the centre console and a light on the dash. If engaged and there is sufficient charge in the auxiliary battery, light will be green otherwise the light will be yellow/amber/orange (I forget which).

Haven't got a user manual I was looking at a car to buy and et he vin dB says it has it but I couldn't see how to activate use it.

What's it say on the button?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom