Push him off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Palfrem

MB Enthusiast
Car
W124 E36 AMG, G 300 GEL his, SLK 200 hers
BBC News - Man on bridge shuts part of Birmingham city centre

Can someone explain why tens of thousands of folk have been inconvenienced while Plod farts about with this tosser?

24 hours they've been talking - why has no-one organised some fall arrest and let him jump?

How much do we think this has cost?

I give up!

The man could have mental health problems, in modern society, increasingly common.

Can someone explain why tens of thousands of folk have been inconvenienced while Plod farts about with this tosser?

24 hours they've been talking - why has no-one organised some fall arrest and let him jump?

I give up!
What if it were a close family member of yours - maybe a parent or a brother ? Or a lifelong friend ? Would you push him off ?

I meant get the Fire Brigade to set up a catch net

Paradise Bridge = Birmingham is as far from Paradise as you could possibly imaging.

I give up!

You are an IDIOT.
Please enlighten us on this:
HOW do you know what he is going through or his problems are?

What IF it was one of your FAMILY?
Would you still be saying that?

NO I didnt think so.

Alex.

I meant get the Fire Brigade to set up a catch net

Yeh right,

I guess you would be all for this as well if it were one of your family.
I think this is probably the most idiotic post I have seen on this forum.

For gods sake this is someones life, and you more or less said push him off and be done with him.
And NO I didnt make that up, IT IS THE TITLE OF THIS POST which you posted.

Alex.

Fact the attempt is done publicly suggests the person is asking for help, those intending suicide just get on with it.

I understand your frustration thought but anger aside i trust you have inner concerns for this troubled sole.

Fact the attempt is done publicly suggests the person is asking for help, those intending suicide just get on with it.

I understand your frustration thought but anger aside i trust you have inner concerns for this troubled sole.

Sorry but if this was directed at me "i trust you have inner concerns for this troubled sole" YOU ARE WRONG.

If it wasnt directed at me then I appologise.

However if it was directed at me, I would suggest you retract that comment as you NEITHER know now me or the person involved on the bridge.

I was just angry that anyone would suggest "PUSH HIM OFF" as the OP had done so having this thread titlled by that.

Alex.

steady there Speedy..the way I read that I assumed he was talking to Palfrem

steady there Speedy..the way I read that I assumed he was talking to Palfrem

In that case I apologise to wheels-inmotion.
I just saw the post after I posted and in the heat of the moment replied.

I could have edited the post but would rather have wheels-inmotion read it so as not to confuse the matter any more, and let him see what I said and apologised in my post and again when you pointed out that it may have been aimed at the OP.

Alex.

Last edited:
I thought that the plod usually shoot people these days if there's any doubt..

Having a background in Psychotherapy, I am disappointed at some attitudes to people who are desperate enough to put themselves in this situation. Distressed or otherwise this person was crying out for help. Please try consider how you would be feeling if the comment 'push him off' was said in earshot and it was your friend or relative.

I have experienced a desperate phone call from a person who threatened to kill himself, believe me when I say that all the training in the world can't stop the sickness you feel when they succeed.

People have feelings and all of us have fears. I just hope that no one in this club feels that desperate, if you did, you would want the world to try to understand. Does being a Mercedes owner take away our humanity. If it does I will happily sell mine. :mad:

He's down safely now - 29 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom