push start button

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SquabzZz

Car
2017 GLC220 4MATIC
Hey people

I have seen on ebay genuine marches push start buttons obviously this won't work unless the car had keyless entry but where can I find if my C class coupe has that ???..

My C class has loads of extras but I'm quite sure it does not have keyless entry (saying that the car does had a little black sensor looking object on the door handle)

Thanks in advance

Antony

I think the little black sensor is infrared for remote locking and un locking not keyless entry.

Tony.

The little sensor thing on the door handle is actually an IR sensor - Try pointing your key at the door and holding down unlock/lock, and it'll open/close all of your windows (respectively). I can't directly help with the keyless-go and start button question, but a quick search turns up a few results, for example:

LINK1 (US Forum): Can we add push to start? - MBWorld.org Forums
LINK2 (This Forum): http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/general-discussion/90270-c63-keyless-go-2.html

Also some interesting in those threads regarding availability (or the lack-thereof) and the legality of actually having it over here (lack of compatibility with regulations). For example:

Toodeep said:
Just to clarify . . . . Keyless Go is incompatible with the deadlocks fitted in the UK for insurance (Thatcham) purposes on the C, E and E coupe.

So it seems like the answer ranges from "possible, but expensive and not easy to retrofit" to "impossible or illegal". Bit of a shame as it'd be quite nice to have the experience of push-to-start (the button that is, not the traditional method getting out and pushing it from the back to start, ha!).

HTH. ;)

Thanks guys that sounds about right haha

I will check them links out c63k thanks for that

Cars with keyless entry have a small black button on each handle to allow you to lock the car without the key

Ye I wouldn't attempt to retrofit ..

Just looked good the start and stop buttons

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom