Put a coat of this stuff on ready for the winter also its great on SIlver paint

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How is this wax applied? Is there a special application pad or do you just us a normal clean cotton cloth and another clean cotton cloth to buff it off with?

Also, when buffing the vehicle do you have to use circular motions or do it in a straight line with side to side movement like i.e. Zymol Cream Wax?

I use this.

wax3.jpg

Bit more expensive than the Collinite though. I bought it from the same place.

I use this.

wax3.jpg

Bit more expensive than the Collinite though. I bought it from the same place.

Thats good stuff I have used it before better shine than Collinite, great in the summer but I found it only lasted a month or 2 how are you finding the durability ?

Collinite is the king for durability, lasts at least 6 months!

Easy to apply just DO NOT leave it on too long or apply it in very cold temperatures as it will be a b1tch to get off and you will probably marr you car doing so. Apply with a foam pad of MF cloth it's not fussy, I would always wax in lines to avoid the slight possibility of swirls.

I use this as my winter polish and Chemical Guys 50/50 & Victoria Collectors as my summer polish.

All fantastic for silver cars and still very durable.

Thats good stuff I have used it before better shine than Collinite, great in the summer but I found it only lasted a month or 2 how are you finding the durability ?

Can't really comment yet on the durability as I haven't had it long. The car now has 3 coats on with about a week between each.
I really enjoy cleaning my car so re-apply regularly. Sad I know but it's true, it's great fun. :rolleyes:

The shine should be better than the Collinite as it costs about 6 times the price. General advice on Detailing World is Collinite is best £ for £ in durability terms.

Your not as sad as me, I have just got in from the garage after putting a coat of Polycharged Carlack Acrylic Sealant on the SLK with two head torches on my head and the lights on so I could see what I was doing. Neighbours now know I am mad.

The shine has finally got to Goldfish standard and is now really popping with shine. This is an Acrylic but I like this in the winter as the light levels mean the car shines well, in the summer a couple of coats of Carnuba wax like P21S creates a really deep shine. Problem with winter is I find with all the muck on the roads the Carnuba wax does not last long, hence the reason for using Polycharged Acrylic Polish. This means I dont really need to wax the car for 6-9 months, just a wash and a 5 minute wipe over with an Acrylic booster spray like Sonus.

It is interesting that you should not wax cars if the ambient temperature is under 10 Celcius as the waxes dont cure well.

I guess thats an other good thing about global warming. We can wax all year and get great results.:D

Goldfish11, it was your posts on this forum that actually got me in to detailing and around £1000 poorer. So thank you and no thank you!

Still cars look great!

Your not as sad as me, I have just got in from the garage after putting a coat of Polycharged Carlack Acrylic Sealant on the SLK with two head torches on my head and the lights on so I could see what I was doing. Neighbours now know I am mad.

The shine has finally got to Goldfish standard and is now really popping with shine. This is an Acrylic but I like this in the winter as the light levels mean the car shines well, in the summer a couple of coats of Carnuba wax like P21S creates a really deep shine. Problem with winter is I find with all the muck on the roads the Carnuba wax does not last long, hence the reason for using Polycharged Acrylic Polish. This means I dont really need to wax the car for 6-9 months, just a wash and a 5 minute wipe over with an Acrylic booster spray like Sonus.

It is interesting that you should not wax cars if the ambient temperature is under 10 Celcius as the waxes dont cure well.

I guess thats an other good thing about global warming. We can wax all year and get great results.:D

A coat of Collinite 476 would go really well on top of that carlack/klasseSG
It would enhance the shine and easily last the winter

My neighbours also think I am nuts
When I first got my E230 I spent about 4 days (8 hour days) detailing it.
I really enjoy it, strange but true lol

How is this wax applied? Is there a special application pad or do you just us a normal clean cotton cloth and another clean cotton cloth to buff it off with?

Also, when buffing the vehicle do you have to use circular motions or do it in a straight line with side to side movement like i.e. Zymol Cream Wax?

I use a slightly damp microfibre cloth. I apply it to the whole car and open the doors and do the sills.

I leave it about 1 hour and then I take it off with a longer weave microfibre cloth (a poorboys one)

PaulE3230.
I also have a silver 210 identical to your car,I am trying to keep the car in as good a condition as when I bought it.I will purchase some of the Collinite 476 & give it a try.The gallery of your car makes interesting reading, I will PM you & maybe you can give me some advice on the detailing of it & compare notes.
Regards
R W

As a matter of process... Would you guys wax the car with something like Collinite No. 476S and then apply a sealer or the other way round... (Or do you not use a sealer..?)

Thanks

As a matter of process... Would you guys wax the car with something like Collinite No. 476S and then apply a sealer or the other way round... (Or do you not use a sealer..?)

Thanks

The wax is the final stage.

I would wash, clay, harder polish, lighter polish , seal and then wax

Depends on the condition of the paint and the age of the paint

This forum/site is fantastic EVERYTHING you could possible need to know about detailing is here

Do a search for the colour of your car as they even use different processes/products for different colours

http://autopia.org/

Ive known people who just polish the car and then put the wax on top of that and the results are quite good.
The reason I recommend the collinite 476 so much is that it is just so durable. So its great for someone who really isnt into detailing their car. Just 2 coats a year will protect the car and give it a good shine and it also stops the car getting dirty as nothing sticks to it

http://autopia.org/

Last edited:
Goldfish11, it was your posts on this forum that actually got me in to detailing and around £1000 poorer. So thank you and no thank you!

Still cars look great!

Good to see me obsession is spreading :D I currently have two really dirty cars on the drive and one lovely clean SLK.

Paul E230 - You are right putting some Collinite on top would probably make things even more gorgeous. However in my old age I am getting lazy. I currently have a load of Sonus Acrylic Glanz and Sonus Acrylic Spritz. These are fantastic, with the acrylic finish you can wash the car and spend 5 minutes wiping Glanz on and you get a just polished finish with even more bling:D It also means I can get away with not having to re-polish the vehicle for extended periods up to 9 months to maintain a real show car finish. I use the spritz to dust and clean the car if it is just a bit mucky and does not need a wash.

However if I put some Collinite on top I would not be able to use these "cheat" products

My autopia link is http://store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?autopia+MBWu4u+index.html+ if you want details

Both these I imported from Autopia, the exchange rate is so good even with postage it works out cheaper to get the stuff from the USA rather than U.K. if you do a reasonable size order.

I have noticed they now do a "Sonus Carnauba Spritz" which can be used with P21S, Zymol etc and claims the following

Sonus Carnauba Spritz is "icing on the cake" for P21S, Pinnacle and Zymol waxes!
This is the rich Carnauba detail spray P21S should have made!
Use between washes to dust and maintain your shine.
Use after washing to remove water spots and boost wax protection.
Sonus Carnauba Spritz is formulated to maintain that "just-waxed" sparkle and shine when used with Sonus and other concours quality pure waxes (e.g., P21S, Zymol, Pinnacle) and premium hard waxes (e.g., BLITZ, Collinite). Sonus Carnauba Spritz enhances gloss while removing light dust, finger prints and water spots.

The exclusive Sonus formula contains SONAUBA™, a rich Brazillian carnauba wax emulsion used in premium pure wax formulas. Sonus Carnauba Spritz offers exceptional results, leaving a slick, high gloss finish on all painted surfaces

Full details on http://store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/clink?autopia+MBWu4u+index.html+ select Detailing Sprays on the Left hand menu. It is $12 or just £6 a bottle which is a bargain.

As you can see it is compatible with Collinite so this may be an excellent option to keep the finish topped up and increase the bling :D

Sorry JC180 you will be poorer by £1006 now ;)

Got it already...;):rolleyes: amongst a ton of other stuff:bannana:

Got it already...;):rolleyes: amongst a ton of other stuff:bannana:

Is it any good? My theory is you could wash the car and top up with is spray does it produce a great finish? I would be be very interested to hear your thoughts on this product, particularly with the Collinite if you use it.

Ordered some at the weekend, delivered yesterday. Got the lads at local hand wash to wax the car for me today. Very impressed with the end results.
Thanks.

Now its on make sure its washed properly .
Use a good quality car wash and I would also use the 2 bucket method to prevent swirls on your s class.
IE one bucket with the soapy water in and another with clear clean water in.
Rinse the sponge (preferably a sheepskin washmit) in the clear water after its come off the car and before it goes into the soapy water. This helps keep small particles of dirt scratching the car

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom