Put it away?

• Thread starter Deleted member 65149
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 65149

Or not? The car that is, when it's dirty and wet from the rain.

It's become a habit for me to put my car in the garage as soon as I arrive home, but I'm wondering whether it's a good or bad thing to do when it's soaking wet.

If I leave it out in the rain some of the dirt will get washed away, and if and when it finally stops raining the car will dry out quicker left standing on my driveway. But left outside it continues to get covered in all the pollutants that arrive with the rain, as well as becoming a possible resting place for neighbourhood cats :eek:. And there's extra chances of folk brushing past and scratching the pristine paintwork.

But could putting the car away whilst it's wet provide more opportunity for the dreaded Mercedes corrosion to develop because there's far less air movement to dry out the underside and other hidden places where dirty water has gathered? :dk:

What does the panel think?

I would say that putting it away is safest.

If you have power in your garage you could run a small dehumidifier (as I do) and the car will be bone dry by morning.

Get a humidity sensor and stick it in your garage - the results will likely sway you into using a dehumidifier.

where do you tell the insurance company it's kept?
Put it there if it's going to be over night!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom