Putting a private plate on the SL

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSLiverpool

MB Enthusiast
Car
Subaru Outback 3.0Rn
I had the plate on retention already, went to Chester DVLA office last thursday with V5 and MOT and they gave me a tax disc and new MOT in 15 minutes plus a new reg plate auth form. From the car park I called my insurance and went to halfords to get the plates made and went home to stick them on.
From visit to plates on under an hour.
New insurance cert came weds, new V5 came today.
Superb efficient process and the SL is now dateless.
It's just been detailed and I will update my album this weekend.

Some offices are definately more efficient than others, also helps if you dont go near new reg time. that was pretty good tho!

Putting a plate from Retention Cert onto Car is the only thing they will do over the counter.

I had a similarly smooth experience when I needed to put the number from my (former) C Class onto retention. It was all done in double-quick time by the DVLA office at Borehamwood.

I have to say the DVLA (and Royal Mail) have also never let me down when ordering tax discs online - I've never had to wait more than 3 days for one to arrive.

I've been lucky with the Chester DVLA and parked at the side near the race course resturant entrance and ran across.

Like you 10 minuites and all sorted....

However if you catch it on the wrong / day / time.......aaaaaarrrrrrrgggghhhhhh

I've been lucky with the Chester DVLA and parked at the side near the race course resturant entrance and ran across.

Like you 10 minuites and all sorted....

However if you catch it on the wrong / day / time.......aaaaaarrrrrrrgggghhhhhh

I paid the £3 and parked up at the racecourse, car park was 30% full and I parked well away from anything else and when I came back a Porsche van was right next to me :wallbash:

Yep, similar story of success using the Worcester DVLA office, in and out within 20 minutes!

Agreed! When ever I change car now and put my own plate on it I use the retention system rather than the long winded transfer.
I cost a few quid more, but you can then pop the plate on the new car at a time that suits you and within a matter of minutes.:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom