Puzzeling handbrake woes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pongo2000

Banned
Car
2001 110cdi dualiner
hello again guys. After 3 months I thought I ought to sort out the one sided handbrake today. I adjusted the hubs and found the passenger side was not releasing with the cab leaver. So up on the ramps and under I went and found that the inner cable on the passenger side is about 4 inches longer than the inner on the other side. With the handbrake down the drivers side has about an inch of cable visible and the other around 4 to 5 inches the hook plate on the adjuster is obviously angled to the side that works but even with the handbrake all the way up it doesn't even begin to take up the slack on the other cable. If I tug the longer cable I can feel the brake starting to work so it hasn't snapped off or anything. Is there anyway to take the slack out of the cable at the shoes or has the previous owner fitted a wrong cable.

Any ideas anyone.

Cheers

I have discs at the rear. But inside the disc it has a small pair of shoes which are the handbrake shoes. Could this set up be on yours ? I'm not sure on the vito but the little handbrake shoes are common. I recently had to remove the discs and took an angle grinder to the inside of the drum part. It was for NCT (MOT) Handbrake now works fully at one click.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom