pvc wall cladding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

recycled

MB Enthusiast
Is there anyone who has experience of this before i get ripped off?
I am trying to pvc wall clad a section of my building 2m wide x 2m high x 60cm deep.
Any idea how much it costs, fitted
Thanks in advance

The upper floor of my house (ex bungalow) has pvc cladding. I would never buy a house with this again. Noise insulation rubbish and hot in summer/cold in winter. Can even hear people who pass passing wind.

I am just trying to protect this section. i am tired of replastering and painting it every 2- 3 years as it takes the brunt of the weather

My upper floor has pvc cladding ,five ply board and insulation. If you are cladding onto block/brick then you won't have my problems.. Just beware that pvc has a fairly short life span and will become brittle when exposed to direct sun light.

all depends on the quality of the matchboard you use,from £50-£80 i would think then £100 labour.try and use SWISH plastic as its the only company that gives a 10 yr guarantee against yellowing with the weather.same with gutters they are the only company ive ever used that the brown gutters dont fade with sunlight,a little dearer but worth it.

I am just trying to protect this section. i am tired of replastering and painting it every 2- 3 years as it takes the brunt of the weather

Is there a way to protect the surface better from rainwater ie. bigger overhang/guttering as you might be better off in the long run keeping the weather off rather than fighting it. UPVC is meant to last a long time but most things suffer from UV degradation.

Have you looked at this sort of thing or maybe even better a thin coat acrylic render like this

PVC siding weathers horribly and personally I'd avoid it if possible.

Ade

i only use marley products as a last resort.
i once used marley roof tiles and after 18months they lost there colour,i had the area rep out to inspect and he informed me they are covered for quality of workmanship but not weathering.
i tried to explain these are roof tiles that get every aspect of the weather but he insisted they are not guaranteed for this,if they loose their colour through weathering "tuff".
i only use as a last resort out of principle

i only use marley products as a last resort.
i once used marley roof tiles and after 18months they lost there colour,i had the area rep out to inspect and he informed me they are covered for quality of workmanship but not weathering.
i tried to explain these are roof tiles that get every aspect of the weather but he insisted they are not guaranteed for this,if they loose their colour through weathering "tuff".
i only use as a last resort out of principle

Fair enough, I have never used the plastic stuff, I was looking for the Eternit fibrous cement panels and that site came up.

I think the problem generally is that people want zero maintenance cheap solutions where they don't exist. Exposed surfaces need to be detailed accordingly.

We have used the thincoat render systems on a number of projects and it has so far been brilliant stuff.

Ade

Last edited:
there is a window above it so no chance of overhangs or roofs.
In fact it is in the middle of two windows. the rain comes in, hits the op window glass, slides down onto the plaster and starts to degrade it and the water is ingressing into the property from the broken plaster. i would need to totally replaster the area or use pvc to prevent the water from contacting the plaster

there is a window above it so no chance of overhangs or roofs.
In fact it is in the middle of two windows. the rain comes in, hits the op window glass, slides down onto the plaster and starts to degrade it and the water is ingressing into the property from the broken plaster. i would need to totally replaster the area or use pvc to prevent the water from contacting the plaster

Do the windows have projecting cills?

I read the title of this thread and instantly thought of Uncle Max M :crazy:

(sorry guys and gals)

It is a brick wall, with plaster and paint on it. just like any exterior building wall.

It is a brick wall, with plaster and paint on it. just like any exterior building wall.

Render should stick then. I'd look at the window cill, sticking another layer of pvc could mask water damage to the brickwork and give you a different headache further down the line.

Ade

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom