QI and iPhone 12

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

osprey2021

Car
A180d
Hi,

new Mercedes owner and have a couple of issues I can’t find the answer to.

First, I have an iPhone 12 and wireless charging isn’t working in my a180d - is it a known problem or just my car?

Second, the previous owner had paid for the entire Mercedes Me pack and has now deregistered and I’ve registered. Should I get the benefit of his services he paid for??

many thanks in anticipation

It seems its a known issue that the iPhone 12 doesnt wireless charge on all current chargers. There is a OS 14.2 that addresses some of the charging issues.

Did you manage to get it working in the end? I have a new GLA and my iPhone 12 Pro Max charges for 5 seconds and then stops.

Did you manage to get it working in the end? I have a new GLA and my iPhone 12 Pro Max charges for 5 seconds and then stops.
I have the exact same problem. Today I received my new MB GLA 250 4Matic. iPhone 12 Pro charges indeed for 5 seconds, then stops. Tried an iPhone 8 and that worked fine. The problem is that I have an iPhone 12 Pro... Did you get any positive reaction with a possible solution?

I have the exact same problem. Today I received my new MB GLA 250 4Matic. iPhone 12 Pro charges indeed for 5 seconds, then stops. Tried an iPhone 8 and that worked fine. The problem is that I have an iPhone 12 Pro... Did you get any positive reaction with a possible solution?
BTW I have iOS 14.4.2

BTW I have iOS 14.4.2
Hi, sorry for the delayed response! I contacted MB back in February and was told it’s likely to be a software issue with my phone. I spent hours toing and froing with Apple over the phone about it - essentially they are aware of the issue but can’t give any indication as to when or if at all it will be fixed. More than a software issue, it seems it’s more of hardware problem with Apple’s redesign and placing of wireless charging coils but they haven’t admitted to that. I’ve given up.

Did you get anywhere with it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom