Quad tail pipe upgrade

Discussion in 'New member introductions' started by Charlie2020, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Charlie2020

Charlie2020 Active Member

Car:
    E220d bluetech cabriolet
    Hello,

Ok this topic could be a bit more controversial than my previous couple of posts since joining on the weekend, but I want to throw it out there, I welcome any thoughts good or bad and won’t be offended.

I’m about 90% happy with them, I’d be 100% if the outside pipes were just 5mm shorter. I wanted round because as previously mentioned, I’m not trying to be an AMG that didn’t exist, I just really didn’t like the stock tips that don’t even attached to the mufflers (I think it looks really obvious).
    Total cost £55 (£35 for the tips) and £20 to be welded on.
    There is a slight change in sound, a very faint hollow ish tone (like blowing in a pen lid)
    My car is also booked in to be straight piped (just the muffler delete), still not trying to be an AMG, but I just prefer the drive when I can feel and hear the engine better under my foot.

251B1769-735E-4067-B27A-11159FE9250B.jpeg

C95E3637-4022-4D51-8742-AB7468631EFD.jpeg
    Mainly posting because I think it will be useful to others considering the upgrade, or even those that haven’t considered it but hate the fake stock tips!

edit - damn posted in the wrong place! Can I move it? (Just reposted in bodywork do admin can delete this, sorry what a noob!)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  2. SmartAmg

SmartAmg MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2011 E class coupe 350 cdi
    Like um! :)