Quad tail pipe upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Charlie2020

Car
E220d bluetech cabriolet
Hello,

Ok this topic could be a bit more controversial than my previous couple of posts since joining on the weekend, but I want to throw it out there, I welcome any thoughts good or bad and won’t be offended.

I’m about 90% happy with them, I’d be 100% if the outside pipes were just 5mm shorter. I wanted round because as previously mentioned, I’m not trying to be an AMG that didn’t exist, I just really didn’t like the stock tips that don’t even attached to the mufflers (I think it looks really obvious).

Total cost £55 (£35 for the tips) and £20 to be welded on.

There is a slight change in sound, a very faint hollow ish tone (like blowing in a pen lid)

My car is also booked in to be straight piped (just the muffler delete), still not trying to be an AMG, but I just prefer the drive when I can feel and hear the engine better under my foot.

Mainly posting because I think it will be useful to others considering the upgrade, or even those that haven’t considered it but hate the fake stock tips!

E436F20C-1BCC-461E-838B-1E8BBA45D351.jpeg

228F024E-EBE3-4449-8913-0186A2B74C06.jpeg

Excellent for the price!

I like it, looks good
I take it you already have an exhaust pipe left and right side?
Mines the diesel w205 with only one exhaust pipe so I can’t do this.
But I was thinking of going for the quad look
Like this

For Mercedes BENZ W205 C63 2015-2018 Exhaust Pipe Muffler Tips 2016 - 2017 | eBay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like these?
7195babf69f21cbc2548d6f28f61aa07.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Like it!, Charlie, looks great. :)

Looks good Charlie. Looks the same as the back of a new c43.
The only thing i didn't like about my 18 c250d was the fake tips and the actual exhaust end was under the car, not at the back. I'm a bit confused why the blue car is showing the tips? That's what I disliked about my 250d. Yours looks good

You mentioned in another thread that you had several mods in mind. Just a suggestion, why don't you keep one thread going with all your mods?

Tips look fine.

I'm not a fan of personalisation as it seems to end up getting overdone and tacky looking. Interested to see where you go with yours!

You mentioned in another thread that you had several mods in mind. Just a suggestion, why don't you keep one thread going with all your mods?

Tips look fine.

I'm not a fan of personalisation as it seems to end up getting overdone and tacky looking. Interested to see where you go with yours!

I think it makes sense to post each with its own thread title. Google will index the threads and therefore list the threads within search results for terms like ‘quad exhaust upgrade’ due to relevance.

thanks everyone for your comments!

Tail pipes and box delete seems overkill on a deseasal but maybe they sound better now.

I like it!

Looks good, but my spider sense is tingling looking at the tips... it may just be the photo and a case of paredolia kicking in but they look as though they’re both angled inwards

where does OP say the car is a diesel?
Quick check reveals....
"It’s a 2015 E220d Bluetech AMG Line. In white with black roof. Most upgrades including inteligent LED lights."

Hes right! [emoji1417]

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Looks good, when you get the muffler delete ask them to pinch a bit off the length (about 5mm?). Any good fabricator could do this and then you'll be super 100% happy!

Matt :thumb:

I think it looks OK (although I agree they ideally need moving in a touch) - many MBs have had twin tailpipes exiting from the rear box(es) as standard. As they're welded on this mod. would definitely need to be declared for insurance, although they normally just record 'modified exhaust' so you wouldn't need to do anything further when you have the muffler delete.

Shame they're welded on, I was going to suggest inverting them so the longer tip is on the inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom