Quad tail pipe upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes, they're the stick on ones . I think you can get them in matt black finish as per Lennox's blue estate .
I assume you've missed the "d" off the C220 so you've only got the blank exhaust tips anyway. The most difficult part of fitting them is removing the protective film off the 3M tape.

Last edited:
Looks good, but my spider sense is tingling looking at the tips... it may just be the photo and a case of paredolia kicking in but they look as though they’re both angled inwards
You’re right the are angled inwards by a few mm. However the outside pips would stick out even more if not. Both pipes are exactly the same length so the welder I think did the best job he could with them. As mentioned outer pipe being 5mm sorter would sought it with a quick reposition.

£17.50 from China , been on the car over a year and no sign of tarnishing. View attachment 92182
These do look like a great improvement - really nice car by the way! I very nearly bought these, but my main motive was to; 1) avoid the fake tip look (not connected to exhaust)
2) avoid the amg look. Although they are not an AMG badge, for me they fall into the same category - no offence just my opinion. Thanks for posting this, it gives people who find the thread an excellent (or better for some) alternative!

I just really didn’t like the stock tips that don’t even attached to the mufflers
I could be wrong, but I believe that the “floating” exhaust tips reduce damage in the event of a low-speed rear end collision as they don’t interfere with the bumper's energy absorption. Tips solidly mounted to the rest of the exhaust system directly transfer the impact load, potentially damaging the exhaust system and engine mounts.

Looks good, when you get the muffler delete ask them to pinch a bit off the length (about 5mm?). Any good fabricator could do this and then you'll be super 100% happy!

Matt :thumb:

You’re exactly right, I will ask while he’s under there as it were. That will certainly be good enough for phase 1. Phase 2 may involve Alkaprovic tips...but only if I decide on red for my callipers! :D

96A7E510-963D-47DC-B658-BFE492301F85.jpeg

I could be wrong, but I believe that the “floating” exhaust tips reduce damage in the event of a low-speed rear end collision as they don’t interfere with the bumper's energy absorption. Tips solidly mounted to the rest of the exhaust system directly transfer the impact load, potentially damaging the exhaust system and engine mounts.

yes this is the main compromise. It can be a little scary when parking with the back end against a high curb...most commonly in car parks if that makes sense. Regarding a rear end collision. Fortunately the bumper may take much impact if you look at the profile.if it’s a big impact the cars screwed anyway.
B9B046FD-6085-4821-BE18-F95B442359E5.jpeg

Looks fine Charlie. The main thing that I didn't like about my 250d was that the exhaust pipe stopped part way under the car and the tips were fake at the back. I always thought why on earth did they do that?

2) avoid the amg look. Although they are not an AMG badge, for me they fall into the same category - no offence just my opinion
No offence taken , I'm glad you didn't notice the black inserts in the sills or you'd really think I was trying to copy an AMG, but there again it does say C250d in big letters on the bootlid, so I'm not going to fool anybody.;)
Do you think I should tape over the AMG that's cast into the rim of my alloys just in case they don't check what it says on the bootlid or get a new set of carmats without the AMG on them ?

Last edited:
No offence taken , I'm glad you didn't notice the black inserts in the sills or you'd really think I was trying to copy an AMG, but there again it does say C250d in big letters on the bootlid, so I'm not going to fool anybody.;)
Do you think I should tape over the AMG that's cast into the rim of my alloys just in case they don't check what it says on the bootlid or get a new set of carmats without the AMG on them ?

To be fair as long as you are happy with them stuff everyone else! :) I have committed the crime of putting OEM AMG tips on my CLS! (and no I haven't badged it as a 63, but there again I debadged my old CLS 55 so horses for courses).

These do look like a great improvement - really nice car by the way! I very nearly bought these, but my main motive was to; 1) avoid the fake tip look (not connected to exhaust)
2) avoid the amg look. Although they are not an AMG badge, for me they fall into the same category - no offence just my opinion. Thanks for posting this, it gives people who find the thread an excellent (or better for some) alternative!
I went full C43 look with my old C250d. And it did me well when selling. Rare car even rarer.

Just under 100bhp down on the C43 but same Tourqe.
2bbb7789a010eb7097c5d89a7c2ea37c.jpg
64fe894e7d8413156e8426f261c5e85f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Abb
Lol, yes you do have a point and that has has puzzled me a little. It’s funny you should say that because I originally tried to hand paint in white the embossed amg logo on my wheels to make it stand out because after all, I’m proud of my amg wheels! :) It looked a bit untidy so I sprayed over the whole rectangle in black with the plan or re-spraying the white logo, but a quite like it how it is as the logo stands out more (so delayed the fiddly logo spray for now)
7BB3C9A5-F67A-4901-9852-F150BE096E58.jpeg
I am also guilty of adding an etched effect amg sticker to my wing mirrors! :D
I absolutely LOVE my amg line front splitter, so perhaps I should add a logo to that too:)
Also thought about side scoops (or vents or whatever they’re called) but without the V8 Biturbo badge of course - I assume that’s as naughty as it gets!

View attachment 92244

Yeh they are nice though, crime or no crime! And I like the way they stand out in chrome, a colour change to gloss black would also look great on that car should you fancy a change. Like the boot spoiler also - quite a head scratcher from the rear! (debadged amg?)

Just a 350 oil burner! ;) Just waiting to have the wheels redone in silver, currently redone in anthracite (that's a whole different story :oops:) and I can't get away with it. I am in the camp of silver wheels! :D

Apologies for the thread digression!

My c43 is completely different to my c250d
Chalk and cheese
Driving dynamics I assume. Yeah my A35 is a complete hoonigann compare to the slippers and pipe c class.

In case anyone’s interested. I like them, I think they’re subtle, even if a bit naughty!
EF266D3C-13D1-43AF-A2BC-BFD660247E22.jpeg

Like these?
7195babf69f21cbc2548d6f28f61aa07.jpg

I’ve got these on my E Class w213. They look ok until it’s a cold morning and the condensation is only coming out of the left side

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom