Quad tail pipe upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have these glue on quad tips from China on my E220d. They’ve been on for a while and look “Ok” I guess. I’m seriously considering buying the off EBay the e43 quads and diffuser for around £300 and getting it fitted. Only problem is I’d still only have the left hand side of the cars exhaust working. I’d that looks stupid on a cold morning

Attachments

• DEBFEEB3-CC9E-47D1-9193-47CE1F61C1C8.jpeg
    DEBFEEB3-CC9E-47D1-9193-47CE1F61C1C8.jpeg
    212.9 KB · Views: 20
I’ve got these on my E Class w213. They look ok until it’s a cold morning and the condensation is only coming out of the left side
On the C250d it comes from under neath.[emoji23][emoji1787] And any way the other morning my neighbours Golf R only had vapour coming out of the left side. [emoji848]

Not noticed the A35 but as I keep it in the warm big garage I'm not sure it will?? Someone smarter will be along soon, I'm sure.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

On the C250d it comes from under neath.[emoji23][emoji1787] And any way the other morning my neighbours Golf R only had vapour coming out of the left side. [emoji848]

Not noticed the A35 but as I keep it in the warm big garage I'm not sure it will?? Someone smarter will be along soon, I'm sure.

An A35 will have quad pipes so it will smoke both sides. Mine on the other hand, had only one downward pointing exhaust on the left side. Looks weak AF, bring on the summer and warming mornings

An A35 will have quad pipes so it will smoke both sides. Mine on the other hand, had only one downward pointing exhaust on the left side. Looks weak AF, bring on the summer and warming mornings
Just singles.....
b6849b5f076a4f59ce43db547e570634.jpg

I have these glue on quad tips from China on my E220d. They’ve been on for a while and look “Ok” I guess. I’m seriously considering buying the off EBay the e43 quads and diffuser for around £300 and getting it fitted. Only problem is I’d still only have the left hand side of the cars exhaust working. I’d that looks stupid on a cold morning

I had no idea that an e220d only had the one left exhaust. But it has two holes/tips stock that does seem strange. So was it a later model that they made it twin? Or a cabriolet thing? (Can’t be surely)

The
I had no idea that an e220d only had the one left exhaust. But it has two holes/tips stock that does seem strange. So was it a later model that they made it twin? Or a cabriolet thing? (Can’t be surely)
Are you thinking of the 3.0l diesel which is a V6 hence has 2 exhausts.

Defo only down the left side on my e220d. Bit silly really.

Are you thinking of the 3.0l diesel which is a V6 hence has 2 exhausts.

No mine does - e220d bluetech cabriolet AMG line. I’ve just been searching and it’s the e220d coupes that got the twin exhausts

If the diesel "E" is the same as diesel "C" then both left & right outlets are blanked off and the actual exhaust is a round pipe tucked behind the left hand side of the bumper.

No mine does - e220d bluetech cabriolet AMG line. I’ve just been searching and it’s the e220d coupes that got the twin exhausts
On my 2016 w213 the right hand side is where the Ad Blue tank is

Attachments

• 29B059C4-5D2C-4E94-9263-3F88A926F795.jpeg
    29B059C4-5D2C-4E94-9263-3F88A926F795.jpeg
    18.4 KB · Views: 11
Left side with exhaust, right side AdBlue tank. I don’t know if a decent garage might be able to work around the tank to fit a quad exhaust. I don’t really want a e43 replica but the fake exhausts do P*ss me off a little.

Attachments

• 6847E97B-660B-413B-A441-817AFC223F58.jpeg
    6847E97B-660B-413B-A441-817AFC223F58.jpeg
    60.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 3B9DF98D-F5E7-4E5D-9E5A-0822CDE9B84D.jpeg
    3B9DF98D-F5E7-4E5D-9E5A-0822CDE9B84D.jpeg
    69.2 KB · Views: 11
Jesus this has just made me go and double check - even though I was cleaning vapour corrosion off both sides yesterday!

here are mine left and right (bit of rust appearing on those Chinese stainless steel tail pipes after only 2 months! :()

EF64F4CE-8B9A-421B-B079-E8F52D045491.jpeg

94869E2D-5AFB-4846-8C49-1945B8B3F4FC.jpeg

I wish mine had the same set up!

Thanks for making me check though. I need to get that rust off and treat with an anti rust primer before it spreads?
Is that right? Can rust from a lower grade stainless steel spread to the higher grade muffler? Certainly looks like it is in the second picture

The tips you got, if you look on the side view, can you tell they are stuck on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driving dynamics I assume. Yeah my A35 is a complete hoonigann compare to the slippers and pipe c class.

Very different all round to the 250d. My partner has the A35 because he prefers hatchbacks. He liked it until I bought mine. Now he wants a c43. Sounds very different to the 2 litre. They have got a lot out of the 2 litre engine though. It doesn't seem as 'instant' when he accelerates as mine though but it is quick just different. He seems to have to change modes to sport etc to be happy with it, where I'm happy with it in comfort. It accelerates better than the s3 I had. He does get a little issue with the display for the radio locking up though and has to turn off and on to clear. Just a niggle

Very different all round to the 250d. My partner has the A35 because he prefers hatchbacks. He liked it until I bought mine. Now he wants a c43. Sounds very different to the 2 litre. They have got a lot out of the 2 litre engine though. It doesn't seem as 'instant' when he accelerates as mine though but it is quick just different. He seems to have to change modes to sport etc to be happy with it, where I'm happy with it in comfort. It accelerates better than the s3 I had. He does get a little issue with the display for the radio locking up though and has to turn off and on to clear. Just a niggle
I was going fir a used approved C63 estate but the interior of the A35 turned my head. A C63 4matic would be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom