Quaife LSD for C63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lee C63

MB Enthusiast
Car
C63 (weistec supercharged)
I am considering having a Quaife LSD fitted, has any one any experiance with this and are they worth it compared to the OEM?:dk:

Lee C63 said:
I am considering having a Quaife LSD fitted, has any one any experiance with this and are they worth it compared to the OEM?:dk:

Have not come across many in C63's but lots have fitted them to C43's, C55's and E55's and have very positive reviews.

I have one fitted on my C32, very good, hardly get any wheel spin' really puts the power down v well

Just looked at the invoice, Cost £1670 fitted, luckily it was done by the previous owner. :D

Highly recommended mate, specially for a car like the 63.

Olly and Acid, will be able to help you.

Mine was fitted by Birds who are official Quaife dealer I believe.

Lee C63 said:

I have one too. It's brilliant.

I have one fitted on my C32, very good, hardly get any wheel spin' really puts the power down v well

Just looked at the invoice, Cost £1670 fitted, luckily it was done by the previous owner. :D

When are you selling your C32? I'm looking to buy one very soon;)

Thanks for all the comments.
Looks like thats next on the list for things to do then.....Quaife it is!

When are you selling your C32? I'm looking to buy one very soon;)

Ha-ha, don't really want to sell it bud, it's one of the best & fastest C32's also being a 2004 it's one of the last made and certainly won’t be the cheapest when/IF I do sell it...

Plus it has everything done to it, no fun in that.. you want to get a standard 32 and do your own mods to it, so then you will appreciate the difference.

That main worry is ending up with a C32 that has problems! Been going through your posts and you seem like the type of owner I would love to buy off, not only because of the mods but the actual passion you have for your car. I'd have peace of mind it had been properly cared for and maintained.

Benzedup, is yours manufactured/built in 2004 or built earlier and registered in '04? Been trying to find out if they built any in 2004.

Thanks

Hey buddy, that's really nice of you to say.

You are right with the 32's it's really hard as you do get the type of people who can afford to buy it now the prices have dropped but get shocked with the running cost and then end up leaving things because they have other priorities, etc and then the bill starts adding up each time before they have enough and sell it.

They are v expensive to run trust me, more so than the NA 55's.

My 32 was registered feb/04 I believe.

With the 2003-2004 you get minor changes, things spring to mind are:

The 'Hand Crafted' plaque on the Supercharger
The Clear xenon headlights
The Wipers are different
Gearbox settings instead of W/S you get C/S (in my case C/S/M as I had the TCU tune)

Also the 2003-2004 tend to be a bit more reliable.

OK Thanks for the info. I really want to avoid rust which is quite common on these and was told it effects 03 and below, hence why I want to get 53 or 04 model to start with.

I have had M3's for past 9-10 years so am somewhat used to pricey parts etc, I hope the running costs are somewhere around that. Plus main thing is, most fo the work I will do/attempt myself and this won't be a daily driver as I have a small diesel for daily commute. Had the M3 as a daily driver and it was a killer due to petrol, things wearing out more etc... Lol, I don't help myself either as i'm a stickler for frequent servicing and like to have it done every 7-8K on my performance cars, not the crazy BMW 13-15k miles schedule!

Hope you don't mind but I may be pm'ing you from time to time for further info.

BTW, sorry to op for taking this off topic

This is something I would love to get done on my car!

Well that's the quaife fitted and it totally transforms the car. It just seems to dig in more now and gets the power down much quicker out of bends. Traction light seems to hardly flash under hard acceleration.
Definatley a good move and well happy with the result.

Nice one OP.

I've already priced one up for my new E63 when it arrives next month, way cheaper than the 2.5k for the Merc one, which is all dead money on a lease car.

And I can take it off and sell it when the car goes back :)

Thery're only £900 to buy, bargain, i'll get it fitted by a race mechanic friend..., should be worth £400 second hand too.

I fitted one on my previous modded 430bhp BMW 335i, best mod I ever did.

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Yep bought from birds and fitted locally. Ironically I took it to a mercedea amg dealer they qouted 680 pound to fit so I left it with them thinking its best to get it done by a main dealer. They phoned an hour later stating it can't be done as special tools are required! !
I took it to a local independant and he said no problem ans fitted it for 350 pounds and stated that no special tools were required.....shame on you mercedes newcastle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom