Quandry ....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crockers

MB Enthusiast
Car
XC60 MY2014 SeLux Nav plus lot and lots of toys...
Am thinking of changing my car, long story but bottom line ius SWMBO doesn't like the visibilty when driving . .

Have been offered a great deal on a new XC60, but I like the E class. am tempted by a 4 month old E300 Hybrid , or maybe a E250 cdi. Not interested in the V6 as I've had far too many issues with that engine in the past.

Im tempted by the XC60 because if its comfort safety and high sesting position for Mrs C but I've seen a lovely E300 in white with pano roof. Or if I go that route - is the premium if the hybrid worth it over the E250 cdi

God I hate buying cars. :D

interestingly when I bought my e class estate I also looked at the XC60. My last car was a Volvo and faultless over 130k miles so I was happy to stay with the mark. I like the seats and I fancied the high seating position (helpful in motorway traffic). Despite the press comments I also like the D5 engine - although the geartronic is old school and not good for economy. However, I didnt need the 4 wheel drive and the bodystyle does nothing for economy. In the end I went for the E class and most of the time I am happy with my choice.... However, I do miss the 5 cylinder engine and the Merc seats arent as good.

I also hate buying cars - guess it helps me avoid wasting even more money!

Ian

PS Residuals on the XC60 wont be good with a new model round the corner....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom