Question about adaptors for MB roof bars and MB bike racks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Londonscottish

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E500 & Fiat 500
Hi there,

Obscure request here.......

I have a set of MB roof bars which I bought 9-10 years ago s/h from someone who'd bought them new for (I think) a W210. There is a number on the manual - 204 029 0500.

I also have a pair of MB roof bars. These were new/old stock ones I bought about five years ago. The number on the manual is 970 12190.

The roof bars and have a T Track of 20mm. The bike racks have a T Track of (I think) 24mm.

The adaptors I have ("sliding blocks" in MB parlance), though appear to be for 24mm T Track roof bars and 24mm T Track bike racks.

What I need is a set of sliding blocks which are 24mm up top and 20mm below.

Question 1; Does anyone know if these actually exist? Or am I trying to mix and match incompatible units?

Question 2; Does anyone know if I can order spare the 24mm/24mm ones? If so, plan B would be machine the lower fitments down too 20mm so they fit my roof bars. As I need 4 and only have 2 I will need two more.

Plan C, of course, is to give up and just buy another pair of Thule 591's which I know fit. Just wanted to exhaust the MB route first and save a bit of cash.

Thanks

Hi there,

Obscure request here.......EDITED TO REMOVE TYPOS

I have a set of MB roof bars which I bought 9-10 years ago s/h from someone who'd bought them new for (I think) a W210. There is a number on the manual - 204 029 0500.

I also have a pair of MB roof-mounted bike racks. These racks were new/old stock ones I bought about five years ago. The number on the manual is 970 12190.

The roof bars and have a T Track of 20mm. The bike racks have a T Track of (I think) 24mm.

The adaptors I have ("sliding blocks" in MB parlance), though appear to be for 24mm T Track roof bars and 24mm T Track bike racks.

What I need is a set of sliding blocks which are 24mm up top and 20mm below.

Question 1; Does anyone know if these actually exist? Or am I trying to mix and match incompatible units?

Question 2; Does anyone know if I can order spare the 24mm/24mm ones? If so, plan B would be machine the lower fitments down too 20mm so they fit my roof bars. As I need 4 and only have 2 I will need two more.

Plan C, of course, is to give up and just buy another pair of Thule 591's which I know fit. Just wanted to exhaust the MB route first and save a bit of cash.

Thanks

I would think that you could get the appropriate sized sliding blocks made up for you by any fabricator for beer money.

I would think that you could get the appropriate sized sliding blocks made up for you by any fabricator for beer money.

Yes, good point - just need to find one where I live (NW London).....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom