Question About Floormats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nicensleazy

Car
1998 CLK230
The front mats on my W208 are the original thick velour type but are looking a bit tired now after nearly 15 years so I was looking to replace them. Obviously I can get them from the main dealer but they cost and arm and a leg, so I've been searching on Ebay for genuine mats at a cheaper price.

I can't find any in the right colour specifically for the 208 but have found two sets that are right on price and colour but they are for W209 or W204 automatic models- I might point out that my car is manual.

Question is, would either of these fit the front footwells of my 208??

The front mats on my W208 are the original thick velour type but are looking a bit tired now after nearly 15 years so I was looking to replace them. Obviously I can get them from the main dealer but they cost and arm and a leg, so I've been searching on Ebay for genuine mats at a cheaper price.

I can't find any in the right colour specifically for the 208 but have found two sets that are right on price and colour but they are for W209 or W204 automatic models- I might point out that my car is manual.

Question is, would either of these fit the front footwells of my 208??
Do they really cost an arm and a leg from a main dealer? I was surprised how competitively priced a full set of mats for my old CLK were when I last checked with a main dealer.

Do they really cost an arm and a leg from a main dealer? I was surprised how competitively priced a full set of mats for my old CLK were when I last checked with a main dealer.

To be honest I must admit that I haven't checked but expected them to be well over a ton, these on ebay work out with postage just short of £50. I know that there are cheaper alternatives using no genuine mats but wanted to keep to genuine- they have after all lasted 15 years and over 100k miles. I'll give MB Sheffield a call though and maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised!

I doubt they would be genuine MB mats for less than £50

I doubt they would be genuine MB mats for less than £50

They are the C class ones are from Mercedes & Chrysler Jeep Southend and the other is a private seller which shows them with the parts label etc. I've had bits and bobs off the place at Southend before and it's always genuine stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom