Question on 360 degree cameras

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tigertecz

Car
W205 C63 AMG
When I put my W205 C-Class in to reverse, the camera feeds on to the COMAND screen so I can see the guidelines and the image behind etc. Is this just a reverse parking camera? And is the 360 degree camera a completely separate option that my car just doesn't have? If so does anyone know the cost of fitting it on afterwards?

Reversing camera is standard. 360 camera is a £355 option (IIRC)

Not sure about a retro fit. That would require a camera in each door mirror and one in the BM star on your front grill.

When I put my W205 C-Class in to reverse, the camera feeds on to the COMAND screen so I can see the guidelines and the image behind etc. Is this just a reverse parking camera? And is the 360 degree camera a completely separate option that my car just doesn't have? If so does anyone know the cost of fitting it on afterwards?

The reverse camera is not standard. Its an option and all it does is to offer guidance when reversing.

The 360 camera system is a completely different option and utilises four cameras. One at the front, one in each wing mirror and one at the back. The camera at the back is not the same as the reverse camera. Yes it can be retrofitted but the parts are very costly. We have supplied a few kits to customers wanting the option. You should budget on around £4500 for the parts alone!

The reverse camera is not standard. Its an option and all it does is to offer guidance when reversing.

The 360 camera system is a completely different option and utilises four cameras. One at the front, one in each wing mirror and one at the back. The camera at the back is not the same as the reverse camera. Yes it can be retrofitted but the parts are very costly. We have supplied a few kits to customers wanting the option. You should budget on around £4500 for the parts alone!

When you say guidance it is still a camera though right? Not just say a beeping sound the closer you get to a wall? Because for my car I get the screen and the camera showing everything when I reverse, I just don't get the 360 and birds eye view on the screen.

Just so I understand though... there are two options, one being the reverse camera, and the other being the 360 system (with multiple cameras). Both options give you the view on the screen to show you what you are reversing in to, but the 360 view also gives you the birds eye view on the side too?

I really wish I had 360 cameras yesterday having got caught in several very tight spots. I'll tick the box next time, my buttocks still ache from the clenching!

Nope unless its changed recently It was only standard on the premium plus models. Ive seen W205's without rear camera.

The reversing camera is standard on all 205s from the SE upwards....according to my 2014 official brochure and it was present and correct on all the cars that I looked at before buying mine! However, the 180 deg camera is an option.

Ernie

The reversing camera is standard on all 205s from the SE upwards....according to my 2014 official brochure

I know. :rolleyes:

Mind you, I've never seen 180 degree camera option. But the 360 degree camera is £355.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom