Question on COMAND on S213 estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GavinP

Car
E400d 4MATIC
Anyone one know what the silhouette with a number (1 in my case) next to it on three quarters of the way across the top edge of the COMAND display means please?

It's a bit hard to guess without knowing which menu screen you are referring to, but it could mean there's a map update available. The car will allegedly download it via the installed sim - if you have about three months to spare. You could check on the Mercedes Me portal to see if there are updates for your car. I always download them onto an SD card using my computer, and then let the car update from the card - it's a lot quicker.

Anyone one know what the silhouette with a number (1 in my case) next to it on three quarters of the way across the top edge of the COMAND display means please?

It is the current profile you are using. You can set up three different profiles in COMAND. The number denotes which profile you are using.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a bit hard to guess without knowing which menu screen you are referring to, but it could mean there's a map update available. The car will allegedly download it via the installed sim - if you have about three months to spare. You could check on the Mercedes Me portal to see if there are updates for your car. I always download them onto an SD card using my computer, and then let the car update from the card - it's a lot quicker.

Map updates are not shown like this. As you say they can be checked via Mercedes Me Portal. The silhouette is user profile

It is the current profile you are using. You can set up three different profiles in COMAND. The number denotes which profile you are using.

Thank you for the clarification - it is odd because I've had the car over 6 months but not ever noticed it before :))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom