Question on previous owner on V5. MB financial

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tylerdurden

looking at a car.

1 owner

Listed on V5 as “MB Financial Services UK LTD”

next line then says

“C/O xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx Accident Repair Center”

Followed by address of said centre.

Does that mean anything?

As Pontoneer says, "One careful owner ; dozens of careless drivers" .....Just like any car bought used from a rental company, almost certainly had a number of 'enthusiastic' but 'couldn't give a $hit' drivers behind the wheel during it's lifetime.

Personally I'd run a mile as the other posters have given you the reality of the situation. Could have been a director's car, for example. However, if I couldn't verify the history I'd run a mile. I had a Vectra that was ex Hertz but looked in good condition at auction and I actually put another 125k on the car once it had a new gearbox, clutch and dual mass flywheel under warranty...

Personally I'd run a mile as the other posters have given you the reality of the situation. Could have been a director's car, for example. However, if I couldn't verify the history I'd run a mile. I had a Vectra that was ex Hertz but looked in good condition at auction and I actually put another 125k on the car once it had a new gearbox, clutch and dual mass flywheel under warranty...

I would buy on condition. Always have done, and never got a bad car yet (touch wood...).

There's absolutely no reason to assume that someone getting a loan car will drive it any different to how they would drive their own car.

We should keep in mind that the majority of car owners treat and drive their cars 'normally', which would be well below the standard that the present company maintains.

A garage courtesy car and a 'one previous owner' car were both most probably and equally the subject of treatment that us car aficionados would not have approved of, but I see no reason to believe that one would be worse than the other.

If you physically see it maybe check how many previous Bluetooth pairings are on the system as an indicator of how many drivers it's had - none of the last three cars I bought had that sort of thing reset when they were sold on before I got them.

If it's from from Enterprise then the wheels at least will have had a full refurb, or maybe replaced?

I was given an S Class by insurers from Enterprise and the handover rep was very explicit that any wheel damage/curbing was not any issue when checking on return.
(And clearly former loan drivers had taken this literally, as all the wheels were very heavily damaged;
in fact I was sceptical, given extraordinary depth and degree of existing damage, some would be a practical repair, having potentially +/- 2-3mm gauges in them. )

Reactions: 219
If you physically see it maybe check how many previous Bluetooth pairings are on the system as an indicator of how many drivers it's had - none of the last three cars I bought had that sort of thing reset when they were sold on before I got them.

Something I always do, same with previous destinations on the nav. Try and do it when renting cars too, getting less of an issue with Apple CarPlay / Android Auto.

Ta. V helpful. Kinda lost interest once thus forum had explained the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom