Question regarding bodywork and rust.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mobb

Car
CLK55 AMG - E92 M3
Firstly, It looks asif my car is going to be going to Mercedes Benz of Witham in Essex for some bodywork repair and a parking sensor issue (Thank you whoever hit me in Tesco's and drove away)

(Mercedes-Benz of Witham Mercedes)
Mercedes-Benz of Witham
Waterside Business Park
Witham
Essex

Does/ has anyone have any bad or good experiences with them?
I read an old post from someone on here back in '09, Stating that they should be avoided.

My other question is on that same thread regarding; avoiding Mercedes of Witham's bodyshop.. Someone by the name of Mossie posted this statement:

went to lakeside merc today and guy there was very helpful. he said there is two criteria you must meet firstly how old is your car? 2001 i said. thats box one ticked. q2 was do you have full mb service history? yes thats that box ticked you are covered for 30 years the guy said. is your car here and can i see it? i showed him the affected area and he said come back on wednesday at 2 o/c and we will make out a report and see what we can do for you. not holding my breath but a much better response and also a very informative chat with the guy. i,m keeping my fingers crossed and will post what happens,,,,,, watch this space
mossie

Is that true? Will Mercedes cover the rust issues on cars aslong as they are maintained by Mercedes exclusivly?

I thought it was only up to ten years and FMBSH as well as owning the car for the past 6 months

Thats what I thought? But apparently its 30 years now?

I thought it was only up to ten years and FMBSH as well as owning the car for the past 6 months
None of that is accurate.

The original booklet supplied with the car will have said 30 years bodywork guarantee. I have one of these in the wallet that came with my car and it makes for interesting reading. Basically the car must have been to an approved workshop in the last 24 months in order for the claim to be valid.

It has never been a warranty, nor has it required FMBSH, nor does it expire at 8, 10, 12 years etc. The paperwork is nearly as poorly worded as the bodywork is protected however and there is quite a bit of fine print.

Essentially none of the cars which have had rusty panels repaired or replaced by MB have been done under WARRANTY, it is always GOODWILL. The level of goodwill received appears to be based on how pleasant/forceful the customer is and what side of the bed the contact in Milton Keynes got out of on the day of enquiry.

None of that is accurate.

The original booklet supplied with the car will have said 30 years bodywork guarantee. I have one of these in the wallet that came with my car and it makes for interesting reading. Basically the car must have been to an approved workshop in the last 24 months in order for the claim to be valid.

It has never been a warranty, nor has it required FMBSH, nor does it expire at 8, 10, 12 years etc. The paperwork is nearly as poorly worded as the bodywork is protected however and there is quite a bit of fine print.

Essentially none of the cars which have had rusty panels repaired or replaced by MB have been done under WARRANTY, it is always GOODWILL. The level of goodwill received appears to be based on how pleasant/forceful the customer is and what side of the bed the contact in Milton Keynes got out of on the day of enquiry.

Thanks for clearing that up Shude.. Ill be bringing that handbook with me when I go to the garage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom