Question: S211 Spacesaver wheel & bolts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MB250TD

Car
S124 250TD (1989); S124 E300TD (1995); S211 E320 Sport (2007)
I have a 2007 S211 E Class E320 cdi Sport Estate, with alloy wheels with mixed tyre sizes which are 245/40 R18 on front and 265/35 R 18 on rears, as are standard fpor this variant. I note that the spare wheel is a spacesaver R17 wheel (2194000002). The triangle, chock, toolkit and jack, are all unused as is the spare wheel, and correctly stored. However, there are no steel wheel bolts. Can someone who knows facelift 211's advise whether these are missing, or whether the wheel bolts on the alloy wheels (which I assume are quite long) will fit? On my S124, I have a set of separate wheel bolts for the spare. The 211 owners manual is unspecific about where the bolts are stored, or whether they are indeed needed, although it does picture a bolt which looks shorter than the alloy wheel bolts. Clearly, the spare is of little use without the appropriate bolts, and I may need to purchase these from the dealership.
Thanks for any advice.
John

Hi John

Yes the normal alloy wheel bolts fit......

Thank you for your prompt response - I assumed so, since I would be surprised if anything was missing from this car - it is immaculate. But before going to the lengths of removing a wheel and testing out the spacesaver (and the risk of damaging an alloy in the process), I thought I would ask!
I note that the question has been asked before for other models, resulting in conflicting answers! Given that I have mixed wheel sizes on the Sport, I thought it prudent to check.
JT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom