Questions about a C200 petrol-servicing, accessories, etc...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Another question please: Where would be the best place to buy a set of 4 Black original MB alloy wheels?

Another question please: Where would be the best place to buy a set of 4 Black original MB alloy wheels?

I think I would paint the one's you've got! I've been looking for W205 wheels to put winter tyres on and you're looking at £800 for a set of battered ones on e bay and they're not black either .:fail
£1800 for a set off MB is starring to look like a good price :wallbash:

I've been looking at Mercedes alloys with winter tyres on eBay too. - I read some online reviews saying that the Michelin Pilot Sport 3 tyres on the CLK are positively dangerous in snow (although serviceable in the cold if they can touch bitumen).

I just bid on a set (and am winning), then realised they're the wrong size: 245/45/R17 (for an E class) rather than 225/45/R17 for a CLK). :doh:

I've been looking at Mercedes alloys with winter tyres on eBay too. - I read some online reviews saying that the Michelin Pilot Sport 3 tyres on the CLK are positively dangerous in snow (although serviceable in the cold if they can touch bitumen).

I just bid on a set (and am winning), then realised they're the wrong size: 245/45/R17 (for an E class) rather than 225/45/R17 for a CLK). :doh:

You'll probably win them now you don't want them:wallbash:
It's annoying that MB keep changing their sizes, with my wheels it's the os that's different, I don't know what difference four or five mm will make but I'm sure my insurance company will and that might cause difficulties:dk:

I think I would paint the one's you've got! I've been looking for W205 wheels to put winter tyres on and you're looking at £800 for a set of battered ones on e bay and they're not black either .:fail
£1800 for a set off MB is starring to look like a good price :wallbash:

A mate of mine suggested something called carbon dipping?:dk: Sounds like a good alternative although I'm not sure of the cost.

markjay said:
I am considering Michelin Cross Climate for my other car.... they are praised in reviews, and also a member here has them and says they're good.

I got 4 of these boots for the Mrs C180 last year. We live in west wales and the weather is very wet, always standing water on the roads. BEST tyres I have ever bought. So good I am in the process of putting them on 2 other cars. Also drove to Austria and back up the GrossGlockner (highest alpine road in Europe) tyres were very very good in the snow. I am not sure I will ever use another tyre again. Best thing was on16" rims I got them for £72 per corner :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom