Questions about - E220d W213 / 2017 AMG Line - reg67

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bucki

Car
Mercedes e220d Amg Line - reg67
Hello all

this is my first topic and buying a new car pushed me to come on here for advise
smile.gif

i had been searching for Merx e220d for a while and finally purchased one recently: Merc Bens e220d AMG Line W213 / 2017(67)

I have a few questions:

1) Touchpad

I am confused to why some models have a different centre console: for example it looks identical but the - touchpad - is missing in my car.

why is that!?

although same models 2016/2017 have the touchpad and makes me wonder if my car is missing some options or what is it used for ... !?

from my understanding the touchpad adds more functions eg. touch, slide through navigations easily and even use the touchpad to write the post code etc - or am i wrong!?

anyway, can somebody advise, to why it is missing and if I happen to get the whole centre console changed with another one which has the touchpad > will it function!?

Or maybe, because the car has some options on the steering wheel then they removed it from the centre console !?

2) Boot

I am able to open the boot directly from the remote key but I cannot close it per remote ... is this feature not supported!? There is a sign of a boot with a bend line and both ends have arrows - which implies opening and closing down of the boot.

To me it makes me think, i can close it with remove but no matter what - it does not close it.

I guess the model does not support it !?

3) symbol A with a circle

What does this symbol mean!? It is found on the centre console ... A with a circle.

Could not find a hint about it.

4) auto-break assistance

I saw this option but cant find anymore and does it break if i come close to my car ahead or what’s for!?

5) Lowering of the Car

Where or how do i lower the car down, as supposed the AMG LINE has this option ..... or is it only if i change the dynamic to Sport or Sport+

6) Service A1

What is this for!? Is this for the car annual service !?

I bought it from MOTORDEPOT in worksop and must they, this branch has been a disaster!

They said “we going to do a service and full valet of the car before leaving the branch” and turns out to be not the case, they didn't even full up the AdBlue as they said they will, and doubt they done anything as there would be not indication of the service a1 .... pathetic.

Anyway... any advise, much appreciated.

cheers guys

A1 is a minor service and a brake fluid change. You car is almost 2 years old and MB recommend a brake fluid change every 2 years or 20k miles , I think.

It should be due a B service though, at 2 years old.

A1 is a minor service and a brake fluid change. You car is almost 2 years old and MB recommend a brake fluid change every 2 years or 20k miles , I think.

It should be due a B service though, at 2 years old.

Thanks for the feedback.
See, motordepot said they will do a service ... now, they never specified what service they will do and i doubt it has been done as clearly A1 is due 325 days if they did it should say 365, right!?

Hello all

this is my first topic and buying a new car pushed me to come on here for advise
smile.gif

i had been searching for Merx e220d for a while and finally purchased one recently: Merc Bens e220d AMG Line W213 / 2017(67)

I have a few questions:

1) Touchpad

I am confused to why some models have a different centre console: for example it looks identical but the - touchpad - is missing in my car.

why is that!?

although same models 2016/2017 have the touchpad and makes me wonder if my car is missing some options or what is it used for ... !?

from my understanding the touchpad adds more functions eg. touch, slide through navigations easily and even use the touchpad to write the post code etc - or am i wrong!?

anyway, can somebody advise, to why it is missing and if I happen to get the whole centre console changed with another one which has the touchpad > will it function!?

Or maybe, because the car has some options on the steering wheel then they removed it from the centre console !?

2) Boot

I am able to open the boot directly from the remote key but I cannot close it per remote ... is this feature not supported!? There is a sign of a boot with a bend line and both ends have arrows - which implies opening and closing down of the boot.

To me it makes me think, i can close it with remove but no matter what - it does not close it.

I guess the model does not support it !?

3) symbol A with a circle

What does this symbol mean!? It is found on the centre console ... A with a circle.

Could not find a hint about it.

4) auto-break assistance

I saw this option but cant find anymore and does it break if i come close to my car ahead or what’s for!?

5) Lowering of the Car

Where or how do i lower the car down, as supposed the AMG LINE has this option ..... or is it only if i change the dynamic to Sport or Sport+

6) Service A1

What is this for!? Is this for the car annual service !?

I bought it from MOTORDEPOT in worksop and must they, this branch has been a disaster!

They said “we going to do a service and full valet of the car before leaving the branch” and turns out to be not the case, they didn't even full up the AdBlue as they said they will, and doubt they done anything as there would be not indication of the service a1 .... pathetic.

Anyway... any advise, much appreciated.

cheers guys

1. Touchpad - the absence is not due to age, but specified options at time of initial order. There are no additional features on steering wheel. The touchpad does offer a number of additional features but your car does not have it, and I doubt without huge cost, effort, coding it could be added.

2. Boot - not absolutely sure about this, but some remotes do need the boot open button holding for longer for boot to close. Try holding it down. If that doesn’t work it maybe you don’t have that feature. (Or check with a MB dealer)

3. Symbol with A and circle - this is the auto engine start/stop feature. Should be referenced in the manual. Basically, when certain conditions are met (engine hot enough, battery charged enough etc) the engine will shut off when stopped (ie in traffic) and auto start when brake released, accelerator pressed etc)

4. Auto brake assistance - if you get too close to something in front or somethings appears in front of you and you don’t brake quickly enough, the car will brake for you.

5. I have a ‘dynamic’ button on mine that lets highering/lowering but I have full air suspension. If not, it maybe only happens with Sport or Sport+ mode.

6. A1 - As previous reply minor fluids service.

Hope this helps? - there are so many variations and options with these cars it is very difficult to see what you have unless you do a spec download via VIN. Someone may be able to help you with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had mechanical boot opening on a C Class and electric tailgates on two E Classes. In all cases the key fob would open the boot or tailgate but not close it. On the C it was a manual close, on the E's a button on the tailgate.

On my current E there's also a switch on the driver's door. If you have on of those it might be worth having a play - if you pull mine down it opens the tailgate and if you push it forward it closes it.

Thanks for the feedback.
See, motordepot said they will do a service ... now, they never specified what service they will do and i doubt it has been done as clearly A1 is due 325 days if they did it should say 365, right!?
You can check the service record in Mercedes Me. It will tell you the date of the last service and next one. If Mercedes Me isn’t available you’ll need to contact a main dealer - there are plenty of posts on here about that ! The services it has are free for 3 years from registration so you should have over a year left. The E Class comes with access to most of the ‘services’ - Mercedes me

They dropped the ‘touchpad’ as standard - for you model year it came as part of the Comand option. I certainly wouldn’t pay to have one retrofitted - if anything they are an annoyance rather than a ‘must have’.
If the boot opens with the key then it should close with it - as JDPE says, try holding it down longer.

Hello All

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated guys.

1) Boot

I have tried the holding the button on the remote for over 10seconds and also the button on the drivers door - but nothing happens.

See image of the boot, i guess it may look different if it had the auto-close as well.

You may notice the left side, the hinge is missing is missing the plastic panel cover :( which I noticed after purchase and now the seller motordepot is not answering my calls or emails.

2) Service A1

I have a service option to select from, see attachment. I can see AdBlue level, engine oil level and service A1 says in 326 days.

I guess, next one is in 326 days to be done!? Does it mean the dealer (Motordepot) did not conduct the actual service apart from adding oil.

3) Mercedes Me

I have downloaded the app but looks like it needs an adapter!? Which is not supported in my car!? At least thats what said in the app when I registered ...

Is there any website option to check about the services done, what has been done and when next is due!?

4) dynamic lowering

The car has the dynamic option ESP, SPORT, DRIVR. See pictures attached.

I assume Sport will lead to more fuel consumption and more power!? Or what!?

4) VIN Number

I have added a picture to see the label, hope I am not doing something wrong by sharing it publicly!?

5) touchpad

Well, not sure what exactly am I missing here!? I figured that all same models as my car, same age and amg line; does not have the touchpad ... makes wonder if this is not standard or simply “random” thing :/

Only thing it can be useful is for example, ability to “draw” the postcode on touchpad instead of having to use the wheel to select each letter and postcode .

Hmmm anyway, if it requires coding and all that, then it may be not worth the investment ...

6) version of the dashboard

I am not sure to check which software version of dashboard is on the car.

Also, the 10sec holding down of the wheel whilst its in 1st ignition mode, does not work :( does not give me the options.

See pictures attached.

7) Any tips / hints

Feel free to advise on any other topics I missed out.

As per the motoring trades, if i can find out that no proper servicing has been done on the car (as stated by motordepot which will be done) - am I eligible to return the car and get full refund if it comes to that point!?

Ideally I wanted the car to be serviced before it goes out of the garage ...

Somebody here said that the car is covered with an annual service for 3 years, it has over 13k milage and where would I claim the service and is it free ?!

Thanks guys
Much appreciated

PS: I fail to upload the images as being too large :(

I uploaded the pictures in cloud mega, see the link MEGA

Last edited:
Looks like your was specified with no COMAND online so no touchpad.

Re the servicing, it maybe that they did not know to reset the values. I would check first.

Sport will use more fuel as it holds the revs/ gears longer and is a stiffer ride from suspension.

If you get VIN decoded for spec that will be very informative for you.

Mercedes Me adapters are required on some older cars (pre 2018 I think) but I seem to remember that some Mercedes Dealers are giving them away at the moment?

My 2016 E Class is an SE spec saloon.
It has boot release on the fob and on the drivers door, both open it but you have to manually close it. It has command online doesn't need an adapter when I brought it I was told this was standard spec, puzzled as to why yours being a newer model does not have it.
As for servicing it not free ( I wish it was) I have a service plan which suits me, wether you could set this up I don't know as you didn't buy from a main agent ( I could be wrong on that but you could ask)

Did you not check its history before buying it?

Colin

Command Online!?
What’s this for!?

The navigation has got the “speech recognition” and accepts few commands “find postcode” etc.

I have uploaded the label from the drivers door frame, see my previous post. Is that not the VIN number and what to do with it?

The Mercedes Me app. does not connect to my car, it shows a list of given models and mine is not in the list.

So :(

Looks like your was specified with no COMAND online so no touchpad.

Re the servicing, it maybe that they did not know to reset the values. I would check first.

Sport will use more fuel as it holds the revs/ gears longer and is a stiffer ride from suspension.

If you get VIN decoded for spec that will be very informative for you.

Mercedes Me adapters are required on some older cars (pre 2018 I think) but I seem to remember that some Mercedes Dealers are giving them away at the moment?

My 2016 E Class is an SE spec saloon.
It has boot release on the fob and on the drivers door, both open it but you have to manually close it. It has command online doesn't need an adapter when I brought it I was told this was standard spec, puzzled as to why yours being a newer model does not have it.
As for servicing it not free ( I wish it was) I have a service plan which suits me, wether you could set this up I don't know as you didn't buy from a main agent ( I could be wrong on that but you could ask)

Did you not check its history before buying it?

Colin

I was silly and stupid for trusting the sales person at Motordepot, as he said “we will check the car and do the service before you pick up the car”

And I was foolish!!!
They given me an invoice of what they have done “one of the lines says - tyres, engine oil, service” but I doubt they done what they were supposed to do...

Matter of fact, what exactly were they supposed to be doing!? Is there a standard they had to follow !??

The Service A1 means it is due in 325 days, right!?

Worst case, they can claim to have done EVERYTHING and just need to reset it lol making me believe the service is done but in fact - nothing has been.

Hmmm i am in a silly situation now :( like the car but mad at me how they managed to fool me .

Check its history!? Where, how!?

Hmmm not sure what to do now.

Ps: did u see the pictures i uploaded via the mega link!?

Command Online!?
What’s this for!?

The navigation has got the “speech recognition” and accepts few commands “find postcode” etc.

I have uploaded the label from the drivers door frame, see my previous post. Is that not the VIN number and what to do with it?

The Mercedes Me app. does not connect to my car, it shows a list of given models and mine is not in the list.

So :(

COMAND inclines provides a whole host of online ‘live’ features for navigation, traffic, music etc. However, doesn’t look like you have it so don’t dwell on it.

VIN is the number from your picture that starts WDD213 etc. It needs to be decided by someone with access to relevant software. There are some on this forum and it will give you a full spec sheet.

Mercedes Me will connect but you need the adapter plugged into your port - probably free from your MB dealer.

If you are worried about your service history, get it checked at a dealer. They will tell you definitively.

Why would the the seller service the car if it doesn't need doing for nearly a year?

A 67 plate W213 should not need an adaptor for Mercedes Me to work - I don't need one on my 17 plate. I think the dealer had to set up my access initially.

Why would the the seller service the car if it doesn't need doing for nearly a year?

Why!? Because the car has past the 12K mark which needs the service done ... and also that was part of the conversation at the initial viewing.

They seem to have done the engine oil but not the break fluids or oil filter as per the service a1 mercBenz guidelines.

Or do you agree otherwise?

A 67 plate W213 should not need an adaptor for Mercedes Me to work - I don't need one on my 17 plate. I think the dealer had to set up my access initially.

See, who is the dealer!? The Motordepot, or rather a genuine MercBenz dealer in my area !?

Also would they have access to see what service has been done, when it has been and anything else !?

Cheers

See, who is the dealer!? The Motordepot, or rather a genuine MercBenz dealer in my area !?

Also would they have access to see what service has been done, when it has been and anything else !?

Cheers

Only a MB Dealer.

By the way, the MBdatabase gave me some information but don’t understand the ifos .... see here https://www.datamb.com/vin/az1nGEyYBpkExv67l

Does it explain about the boot and console!? Or anything I need to be aware off?

Alternatively, who can help me with providing the specs foe this model with VIN.

Cheers all

Hi

Does anybody know how to access the “hidden settings” by holding the centre console down for 10seconds?

I have tried that but is not working ... is it because I dont have command online / touchpad ??

Please advise.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom