Questions on retrofitting Comand 2.0 to Y2000 CLK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wwgraham

Car
1999 W210 E240 Avantgarde Estate
Hi,

I recently bought a second hand Comand unit Part No: A 208 820 34 89. The car presently has a standard Audio 10 (Cassette version) and 6 stack CD player in the boot It is a Y2000/facelift model and so as I understand it all I need is the following to install:

- Audio10 plug adapter to enable the connection of the COMAND to the exisiting wiring
- Antenna to fit under dash
- Navigation CD

To fit I believe I need to:
- tap into the correct speedo wire
- Cut away the divider in the dash to enable fitment
- ensure the COMAND is reprogrammed with the correct engine size/wheel size etc.

Can anyone confirm if I am correct in my assumptions, together with any additional parts or information I may require? also how do I physically secure the comand in the dashboard?

Finally can anyone recommend san installer? I'm based in Edinburgh but would be willing to travel if required.

Many thanks in advance

Will

The COMAND cannot be physically secured in the dashboard, it's only fixed by the mountig l/r brackets which should be present at your unit, cause it's a 208 model.

If you use a complete wiring loom like our 4411-001 it's very easy to fit all connections to the COMAND and you only have to solder the speedsignal. The necessary connectors for CD-changer and the C2 18-pin plug is included. We prefer this solution, because adaptors are often to big to fit into the dashboard and will press the COMAND out of the brackets.

We also have necessary GPS antennas, adapter for the COMAND antenna port etc.

More informatiuon can be found in our excellent telematic forum http://www.comandaps.de/foren there is also an international english forum and the full articles catalog is here: http://www.megacomm.de/shop/catalog available (only in german, but partnumbers and pictures are self-explaining).

Kind regards,

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom