quick advice please...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BenzedUP

MB Enthusiast
Car
NA
Hi,

A friend of mine is trying to buy a really nice C55 AMG but he also saw a w211 E55 AMG which he likes too but hes abit worried about running cost of the E55 AMG..

Can anybody advice is there any major difference between the 2 interms of running cost and fuel costs?

Any advice would be great,

Thanks.

Surely, with the same engine they'd have the same service issues. Probably not much in it.

I hear the w211 E55's have supercharger pump issues and other issues..

also the E55 weighs 200Kg more than the c55 so i'm guessing it's going to drink more?

Supercharged engine vs. the NA '55 in the W203.

The W211 E55 has various suspension and electrical issues too.

It will be a little more expensive to buy/insure/own/run the E55, but for the extra power/toys it could be worth it :cool:

Will

the e55 is a kompressor, so alot more power, running costs are roughly the same, the supercharger pump is under £150 to buy if it goes wrong, so not a major thing. also the e55 is bigger, more legroom in hte back and a huge boot.

to me the size and the fact it has a kompressor sold it to me.

if kompressor or size are not an issue then the c55 defo.

oh as will says there are ALOT more toys, and the airmatic is great but that can also be troublesome

since you had the E55K have you had any problems with it?

Two, (covered under warranty)

Supercharger cooling Pump.

Paddles on the steering stop working.

But I have only done 5k miles in 15 months.

BTW, My running costs last year were approx 5k (without fuel)

Last edited:
This may sound sarcastic, I dont mean it to, but if he is "worried" about the difference in running costs between them, which in percentage terms will surely be insignificant in terms of overall day-to-day costs, then can he really aford to run either?

he can afford to run it but hes only my age 23, he doesnt want a car with problems.. then he won't be able to afford all the MB bills...

Thanks for the advice anyway, think hes going for a black c55 ;)

he can afford to run it but hes only my age 23, he doesnt want a car with problems.. then he won't be able to afford all the MB bills...

Thanks for the advice anyway, think hes going for a black c55 ;)

probably wise, as the c55 @ 23 will be cheaper to insure and less likely to give problems as less electrics and less complex engine.

im not sure where the 5K comes from?

insurance- £500
service - £1000(average)
mot - £50
tyres - £250 (pair)
warrenty - £1000

thats it id say! as a max! then fuel of course!

+ depreciation (a bit of a hidden cost)

In the last 12 months of C55 ownership, my costs have been:

Insurance: 500
Servicing: 800
Tyres: 350
Oil: 120
MOT: 50
Tax: 215
Tier 1 warranty 800 (taken out in Jan after dealer 12 month warranty ran out)

Fuel cost is approx 200 / month based on 8000 miles pa. best av mpg 29; worst 15.

+ depreciation of course

HTH

Car new was £76k depreciation alone has cost me £50000.00 over the last three and a bit years, mileage now 94k,average this out to 20 miles per gallon@ £4.40=£21150.00 for fuel.plus 9 MB services,4xroad fund,3 sets of tyres.

SCARY^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^J E S U S ^^^
I was gutted about losing about 8k in 2 years.....kind of puts things in perspective.

im not sure where the 5K comes from?

insurance- £500
service - £1000(average)
mot - £50
tyres - £250 (pair)
warrenty - £1000

thats it id say! as a max! then fuel of course!

Insurance- £1000

Warranty-£1000

Service -£1400 (major)

Tyres x4 £1000 (19")

Tyres x2- £300 (18")

Road Tax- £215

Mot- £50

My costs of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom