quick detailer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kusanku

Car
A180cdi Avant Garde
Looking at current car care products, there are a number of products called Quick Detailers. What exactly are these? Is is a final product to apply after you have washed and dried your car, or is it something you use instead of washing?

Looking at current car care products, there are a number of products called Quick Detailers. What exactly are these? Is is a final product to apply after you have washed and dried your car, or is it something you use instead of washing?

Quick detailers are used for quick clean-ups/ wipe-downs between washes.
For example, if you arrive at a meet and want to quickly wipe down the car to remove brake dust etc from the car's flanks etc.

You can also use a good detailer to add a final gloss/ slip to the finish too.

I use Finish Kare #425.

It is Awwwwwwesome!!!!! :rock:

:thumb:

^ as above - description spot on.

useful for removing water spots if you get them after washing too.

I currently have meguiars NXT speed detailler which is OK (and easy to get hold of) - best I have used is poorboys "spray n gloss" which is great.

I always use Meg's Quick Detailer after every wash and wax and if the car just needs a quick dust down. I also use it on my alloys after every long drive, brake dust simply wipes away.

I always use Meg's Quick Detailer after every wash and wax and if the car just needs a quick dust down. I also use it on my alloys after every long drive, brake dust simply wipes away.

Where abouts are you based, buddy?

Are you anywhere near Kent?

Question on using quick detailer as a quick dust down after driving the car. Isn't there a danger/probabilitythat you will be grinding dust into the paint doing this?

I use it after every wash though.

As long as the car has a good wax layer there will be no problem.

I always use plenty of detailer spray and a thick microfibre cloth, turning after each wipe and finish with a clean cloth. No pressure is applied. The detailer spray lubricates the surface and is the same as used with claying ;)

You can also use quick detailers as lubricant when claying the car & also as an aid while drying/chamoising car after rinsing.

All in all, usefull stuff. I've used Meguairs NXT, it's ok but not great. Now I appreciate how usefull it is I may go for something better next time.

Regards, Neil

I'm using meguiars NXT as well, I get the car washed then finish it with the NXT - makes the wash last a couple of weeks.

I'm not brand loyal - using a turtlewax wheel wax, NXT for the everyday gloss and Autoglym for the proper waxing.

ive always used quick detailer after washing as a alterative to polishing, spray on wipe nice easy quick way to get a brillant shine
hers a vito i used quick detailer on.

83f80692.jpg

Hey guys.

I know that we all have our prefered detailing sprays that we like to use, but when you next need to stock up, I urge you to try Finish Kare #425.

It really is awesome stuff.

Everyone I have demonstrated it to have been blown away by it.

Really!

Zaino Z8 for me. :thumb:

Z-8 is LSP (Last Step Protection), not a QD. I use it on top of FK425 and absolutely love it. Unlike FK425, it smells great.

Where can one get hold of the FK425? I'm currently using all Auotglym (wash, polish, High-Def Wax) but could do with a good QD. It seems to start raining everytime I wash my car and the dirt left behind is so annoying!

And also, is a QD used in place of a clay bar?

Where can one get hold of the FK425? I'm currently using all Auotglym (wash, polish, High-Def Wax) but could do with a good QD. It seems to start raining everytime I wash my car and the dirt left behind is so annoying!

Cleanyourcar.co.uk sell a US gallon bottle for £27-something. There might be other stockists as well.

And also, is a QD used in place of a clay bar?

Not really. Clay is for full decontamination of the car. I use it every two months or after a long trip when the car is really dirty. QD is more for "in-between washes" product to remove light dirt, finger tips etc. And being anti-static, FK425 helps keep your car dust free.

Quick Detailer actually also helps making the drying process after washing a lot easier!

Just wash the car as normal, then after you've rinsed the soap off spray some quick detailer onto the car while it's still wet and then use your drying towel and you'll notice it will pick up the water alot easier. This helps to not leave any dry watermarks on the paintwork.

Give it a go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom