Quick & Dirty method to coverup some dirty (rust) work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

harry_lalli

Car
2012 C63 Estate | 1972 W115 220/8 - White | 2000 VX220 2.2 Supercharged
Afternoon people...don't shoot!

just posted this also on Stroke8.org (W114/W115) specifc site that's pretty new...but I have a wedding in 4 weeks, and i'm wondering whether or not to tackle some rust that has formed up at the bottom of the doors... (i guess from water build up inside the door). Now ideally I would like to do this a longer lasting way (new door skin, or weld some new metal)...but budget and time means I can't...so do I have any quicker options for a temporary fix, other than wrapping some wedding style ribbons around the bottom of the doors lol :p

areas in picture below...thanks chaps!

IMG00135-20110419-1226.jpg

Clean it up and mask off just above and paint a stripe across the bottom of the doors at least it would look intentional. Perhaps in silver

A quick short term repair could to grind off the worst and repair with shredded fibreglass i.e Isopon P40 bridging compound then mask off just above it and spray with aerosol cans which could be done over a weekend and should last for a couple of months before needing proper repairs, i.e welding in new steel.

thanks hotrodjon, ill have a go at that.
:)

I would agree with HOTRODJOHN , maybe use a bit of shultz ( stonechip , which has an "orange peel " effect on the cills , and bottom of doors. This will help hold back the rot a bit longer. One other piece of advice, do not use the words "wedding " , and "tackle" in the same sentence !:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom