Quick duo valve query

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chris846

Car
2000 CLK320TR (tinny rustbucket)
Star shows a duo valve stored fault. No idea what the duo valve (valves?) was/were so I checked this forum and now I'm an expert ready to roll, ahem.
Can anyone confirm that the valve operates by pulsing fully open/shut, rather than opening progressively?
Also, with ignition on, but engine not running and everything pretty cold - does the duo valve click away hopelessly if the heater controls are set hotter than the lukewarm coolant can provide?
Thanks all
chris

hi
the duovalves on both my W124's buzz like one-oh with the the switch on, (engine off) and get quite hot too!
I think that's normal....
Pretty sure they open and close quickly to control the flow for different heater settings, rather than hold a fixed position, as you say

cheers
balge

Do you have a problem with the heater system?

Stored Duo vave faults always come up and generally can be ignored. We call them sporadic faults. BS fault codes.

No - no problem that I've noticed and yes, it was only a stored fault. Just had no idea what a duo valve was/did!
I also always get a headlight level stored fault (factory xenons), although there never seems to be a problem with them either.
cheers
chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom