Quick interim mods for 2009 R230 leaking roof

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roadster198

Car
r230 sl350 2009
Hi All,

I know there are a loads of help on the famous leaking roof. So appologies for starting another. I just need any quick mods anyone has done until I can get round to cleaning the seals. They are filthy which I can't imagine is helping my cause.

Bin bag over the Battery? etc anything like that. Massive bin bag in the boot?

The seals on the car were replaced on my car 2014 by a Benz dealer so clearly never fixed in the face lift either.:rolleyes:

I've just got the car on Saturday I've not had a chance to do any of the seal stuff.

Would flexible curtain rail be to large in dia to push through the drainage holes?

Thanks

Just seen your post after replying on another thread on the subject, what did you end up doing? I'm surprised Merc never dealt with this by the time they got to 2009!

Are you redoing yours as a precaution or have you seen evidence of an underlying issue?

Just seen your post after replying on another thread on the subject, what did you end up doing? I'm surprised Merc never dealt with this by the time they got to 2009!

Are you redoing yours as a precaution or have you seen evidence of an underlying issue?
Leaks in the boot I'm afraid.

I bought a new rear window seal and did the mercedes repair on the c-pillar with butyl strips. It seems to have fixed it for now. However there are tears in my upper window seals which I'll need to figure out how to fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom