Quick PDC question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kickin'fm

Car
W209 CLK55 AMG
Hello all!

Most of the other cars that I have had with PDC start making the beeping noise as soon as an object comes in sight with the frequency changing depending on distance.

I've got front and rear PDC on a W209 CLK. I can see the PDCl ights "light up" as objects get closer and when it hits red I get an audible noise.

My question is, should it start making beeping noises straight off the bat?

Cheers
David

Last edited:
i think most of us have experienced the classic MB scenario of:

no sound
no sound
no sound
beep/crash simultaneously

Still I had a Lexus which beeped just to tell me I was in reverse with no PDC (I didn't realise that at the time and merrily reversed into a wall).

Last edited:
Ah , so nothing to do with Pre-Delivery Checks then !

What else could it be ?

It is indeed Park Distance Control - my bad!

I have towbars on the back of each of my cars , they too give an audible warning when your bumper is approx. two inches from a solid object , but also have the additional feature of stopping the car before you hit said object :D

I have towbars on the back of each of my cars , they too give an audible warning when your bumper is approx. two inches from a solid object , but also have the additional feature of stopping the car before you hit said object :D

I have the same, and have always assumed the same. Certainly the case when backing up to a wall etc. However, I was parking in a multistory the other day and felt I was getting quite close to the armco, so stopped. When I looked at the back of the car, the tow hitch had just passed UNDER the barrier, and another inch would have seen my back bumper make contact....

Mercedes factory fit are all like this. My dealer fit ones work as expected. Even tells you the distance to the object..

i think it says in the owners handbook it beeps from 30cm... i will look tomorrow its on a pdf format.

definately should be as you explain it... only come on when very close... thats why they are mounted so you can see the bars in the rear view mirror.. much more elegant than having the beeping noise every time you come to a stop..

Cheers Norman, very much appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom