Quick question - facelifted CLK 208, navi display in cluster and phone kit?

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Will, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Will

Will MB Club Veteran

Car:
    GL63 AMG / S211 E55K AMG / 190E 2.3-16 / 190E 2.5-16 / Porsche 911
    Hi everyone,

Just a quick question:

I *think* I remember that facelifted 208/210 model cars that are fitted with COMAND have the option to have the navi directions displayed in the instrument cluster (I presume direction arrows etc)

Was this ever an option with the Audio 30 APS type navigation - ie can it output navigational data to the cluster, or only on the COMAND system?

Also, what would be involved in retrofitting a phone kit to this model (quite a lot I imagine...)

Is an original MB phone kit still the best option these days in order to use the M/F steering wheel etc or are there other good options instead? It would need to be bluetooth compatible really.

Many thanks,

Will

2. Alfie

Alfie Authorised Forum Sponsor Authorised Forum Sponsor

Car:
    W169 A, W205 C, W451 smart
    Comand from the factory or a reputable retrofitter will have the instructions displayed in the instrument cluster.

I believe this is the same for Audio 30 APS.

Some say that the Parrot kit can operate the steering wheel controls but i've not tested it. To have steering wheel controls and instrument cluster display with phone will require the D2B retrofit kit. This will give you UHI to which you can attached pretty much any Mercedes cradle, fixed or bluetooth plus the MBU-2000 viseeo cradle.

3. OP
    OP
    Will

Will MB Club Veteran

Car:
    GL63 AMG / S211 E55K AMG / 190E 2.3-16 / 190E 2.5-16 / Porsche 911
    Cheers Alfie, I knew you'd probably know! :) Anyone else with Audio 30 APS confirm for sure about the navi info in the cluster?

Thanks,

Will