Quick trip counter question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Benzmanc

MB Enthusiast
Car
Tesla Model 3 + Honda Blackbird
on the 'after reset' trip menu does the total mileage reset back to zero after 1000 miles or does it just carry on. We go on holiday next week and i'd like to keep a record of the mileage we do so if it restarts i'll need to make a note elsewhere.

Daz

on the 'after reset' trip menu does the total mileage reset back to zero after 1000 miles or does it just carry on. We go on holiday next week and i'd like to keep a record of the mileage we do so if it restarts i'll need to make a note elsewhere.

Daz

Don't quite understand what you want and why the 1000 miles mark... Can you post a pic of it?

Don't quite understand what you want and why the 1000 miles mark... Can you post a pic of it?

Most trip counters go back to zero when they reach 999.9 miles. I wanted to know if the mb ones keep counting. My truck does this and so far the trip this year is 27k.

Daz

Yes it keeps on going. I reset mine when i bought the car back in 2009 and it is still counting total mileage, length of time spent driving, average mpg and speed. Shows something like 12000 at the moment i think with average mpg of 28 or so.

So it wont reset at 1000 so you can reset it before your holiday/trip and it will keep on counting regardless of how many miles you do.

On a 211 there are two trips that show time and mpg etc, they can be reset at any time, I use for one for long distance journeys over afew days or weeks because it does not reset itself, the other does reset itself (after about 5/6 hours, or overnight, I think) but there is also the reading in the bottom of the speedo that shows just miles. This can be reset at any time, but only in a particular way, as in the handbook, can't remember exactly how.

I have one or two questions regarding the trip counter on a 2011 onwards C250.

1, How many trip counters are there?
2, On pictures I've seen there is a speed in km/h (bottomish right), what is that for?

Thanks.

It is law to display the speed in both km/h and mp/h, as the circular speedo dial only displays your speed in mp/h.

Makes sense, can you also have the speed shown at the same time in mp/h in digital or is it only viewable using the dial?

Am I right in thinking that you can have a larger digital speed reading in mp/h but it replaces other info on the screen?

Thanks.

Yes.
Untitled.jpg

That's good going for a 2007!

Mines on 93K which is high for a 2007 vintage.

Anything major failed in the second 100K??

Power steering pump, engine mounts, springs.

Other than that it's just normal wear and tear items - filters, brakes, ball joints, bushes. Had one glow plug go.

I haven't needed to top up oil in between services either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom