QuickPark - a problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MBA

Car
A170CDI LWB Avantgarde Auto
Advice required on a tale of woe please.

My wife's just purchased an A Class 53 plate - 170 CDI LWB (thats why she needed the sensors :eek: ) She arranged via her MB dealer to have the QuickPark sensor kit fitted by an MB approved body shop (all booked via the MB dealer) and seeing that the kit is about £270 was quite pleased when offered an all-in "discount" deal of £350.00.

The car has just been returned (via MB who did some other minor service items) and is fitted not with QuickPark, but a tacky system called Singtech. It has as nasty bleeper/lamp unit that is stuck to the front windscreen near the rear view mirror and relies on 4x sensors mounted on spacers on the bumper. They are sprayed, but look like cotton reel sized football studs!

MB sales guy is backing away, saying the bumper has "aluminum sub-frame which triggers sensors recessed into the bumpers" - hence the spacers (please I'm laughing). He says it's not his problem :devil: - we need to take it up with the repair shop as they've billed direct (sadly wife did pre-pay before seeing the work!).

How hard is it to fit the MB kit and what does it actually comprise? Anyone have photos!

Think they're trying to pull a fast one, we had sensors retro-fiited to our A160 (by the dealer prior to delivery). I decided against QuickPark as i didn't see the benefit of the visual display (our dealer wanted circa £500) for QuickPark and £300 for the Bosch sourced system we ended up with. Challenge them, our same dealer said they couldn't fit a CD changer to the then Sony head unit as it needs a completely new wiring loom & they have to strip the whole car. What utter cr*p ! :eek:

Have a look at the picture of the rear of our A160 in the gallery (link below), the sensors are completely flush and look original.

Last edited:
They dont call them Stealers for nothing....

I would complain to DC and also take the issue up with Trading Standards as you were sold something that you did not agree to i.e. Singtech instead if Quickpark. Sales guy is talking crap - tell him that they arranged the install and it is their problem too. Bodyshop will no doubt blame Stealer and u will be running in circles unfortuantely, which is why u must complain to DC... :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom