QuickTime Help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

imadoofus

MB Enthusiast
Car
This and that.
My iTunes has stopped working (Win XP Home).

I get a "Windows has encountered an error" message, and 'more information' tells me I need to update my iTunes version.

However, when I try, I get an error updating Quicktime. When I try to run QuickTime, I get a buffer overrun error. When I try to repair it, I get an error, and when I try to uninstall it, I get another error.

I've tried to remove it via the Control Panel, but I get a Fatal Error.

Done a system restore, and installed all the Windows updates (except IE7), and I'm stuck.

Any ideas from anyone?

TIA

PJ

And to top it all, if I go to th eQuicktime website, and click on Support, Internet Explorer crashes!

Never mind.

I jammed a screwdriver into the registry and wiggled it about.

It's fixed now.

PJ

I was given an ipod for christmas, and had problems getting itunes to run (just kept getting the 'windows encountered an error' type message). I searched google, and eventually found a solution: Delete all itunes & quicktime programmes via the control panel > add/remove programs. Then start > search for any itunes & quicktime named files (there were quite a few more quicktime files that remained), then delete these too. Empty your recycle bin. Re-start your pc. Download itunes again from Apple's website, following all the instructions (don't change any options, just keep clicking 'next' etc as instructed).

This sorted mine out, and all works fine now. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom