Quirky, characterful, rare

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Person 1 - Hey what car do you drive?
Person 2 - A Soul

Person 1 - How rude, I was only asking !

:D

Had no idea, never researched the Phaeton after being in one and driving it.
Such a shame they go to all that effort and then use poor switchgear and finishes in what is a high end vehicle.

Yes, that's right and made in Dresden, a specific plant for it (along with some Bentleys too?)

Such a shame they go to all that effort and then use poor switchgear and finishes in what is a high end vehicle.

When did you drive one?

If it was recently, don't forget it is now quite long in the tooth and VW never invested in the car as it's prime market was China who would accept things like poor switch gear.

Oh, that's a well fact from the day of it's introduction. The factory too is something special by all accounts.

When did you drive one?

If it was recently, don't forget it is now quite long in the tooth and VW never invested in the car as it's prime market was China who would accept things like poor switch gear.

2007. Was poor then, I imagine it feels much worse now!

I've just come up with another rare new car.....

The Suzuki Kizashi. It's an odd ball because of the spec (2.4 petrol auto only) but I happen to think they are a really good looking motor.

media

The Suzuki Kizashi. It's an odd ball because of the spec (2.4 petrol auto only) but I happen to think they are a really good looking motor.

media

Rare is not the word. Doesn't hurt the eyes either. I presume these are Jap built so should be bulletproof if nothing else.

......hence the inverted commas........

Ah, I missed that just like I missed them on ''just a stretch Accord''. :D

media

Saw something about these in the Daily Mail today - something about US cars having problems with spiders weaving webs in the exhaust. Usual DM nonsense copied from syndication, no doubt.

Anyway, I thought the name rang a bell - apparently the Kizashi is now discontinued in the UK but there are a few pre-reg still in the dealer network. What a lot of metal for the money - £16K for a delivery miles mid-size saloon packed full of kit. 2.4, 4WD, leather, air, 7 year warranty. And as previously pointed out, not even hit too hard with the ugly stick.

Apparently the only thing that lets it down a bit is the CVT gearbox which saps performance. I can't see that mattering too much to the target market, and as it allegedly will hit 60 in 8.8 it's not exactly a slug anyway. If was in the market for something like this, I think I'd be beating a path to the dealership right now..

Cheers,

Gaz

Saw something about these in the Daily Mail today - something about US cars having problems with spiders weaving webs in the exhaust. Usual DM nonsense copied from syndication, no doubt.

Anyway, I thought the name rang a bell - apparently the Kizashi is now discontinued in the UK but there are a few pre-reg still in the dealer network. What a lot of metal for the money - £16K for a delivery miles mid-size saloon packed full of kit. 2.4, 4WD, leather, air, 7 year warranty. And as previously pointed out, not even hit too hard with the ugly stick.

Apparently the only thing that lets it down a bit is the CVT gearbox which saps performance. I can't see that mattering too much to the target market, and as it allegedly will hit 60 in 8.8 it's not exactly a slug anyway. If was in the market for something like this, I think I'd be beating a path to the dealership right now..

Cheers,

Gaz

16k sounds like value, a lot of car for the money and no doubt bulletproof too. Or a base model Golf...

And for something really different, a CVT Daf - the car that goes backwards as far as it goes forward (or so they say).

Funny you should say that, when the Fiesta auto CVT was in development there was a bit of a challenge on who could get the poor thing to go the fastest in reverse, luckily the production models were limited in reverse :crazy:

It was like driving a fork lift truck at 60 MPH......lethal! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom